The RaceDepartment Podcast (S1, E13)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RD Podcast Episode 13 Now Live.jpg

Welcome to the 13th episode of the RaceDepartment Podcast - available now.

In this episode we welcome Paul Glover, Joseph Wright and Paul Jeffrey to the virtual RaceDepartment studio to discuss a range of topics covering the world of real and virtual motorsport (and fashion).

In our latest episode, the team discuss the state of rFactor 2 and the long awaiting new UI, get excited about Sim Racing Expo 2019, go all controversial about the new W Series championship, share our thoughts on McLaren and IndyCar next season, revisit the topic of sandals and socks, and other general garbage...

Hope you enjoy !

To help you access the various locations of this latest podcast, you can check out the useful list below of just some of the places you can listen to and download the new episode. Of course, if you missed the RD Podcast excitement last time out, you can still catch up with all out broadcasts too…

Podcast Links:
Do you have any special requests for future episodes? Do you want to share your thoughts, comments and feedback on what direction the show could take going forward? Please do let us know in the comments section, and at the RD Podcast sub forum location.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Currently halfway through but just have to counter what Joe says about the RF2 UI, that is i don't believe S397 hyped the UI that much if at all. Sure they announced it will be "soon" then soon passed and Marcel apologised that he got that blatantly wrong, since then there have only been a few snippets of screenshots and info in roadmaps, many roadmaps not even mentioning it. I believe the hype has been created by the user base impatiently waiting for it, creating ideas in their own heads which leads to bitterness that its not come out yet and thus the "where is the UI!?!" posts appear. Once that and "where is Nords!?!" are released then those same posters will find something else to impatiently wait for, like <insert track name here> and <insert coding relevance there>...then something else add infinitum...

Now I'm not gonna call those people pathetic (lol!) but i do firmly agree that the UI is not the mainstay of the game, it is not going to magically make the world a better place, it is just the front end for what lies beneath and that is the unbridled brilliance in the driving experience.

Also it is much more than just a UI which i don't believe a lot of people realise, in the sense that there's a helluva lot under the hood that needed to be integrated hence the long development time. It's like the UI is the shiny bodywork that everyone sees, but the engine, gearbox, components etc underneath are the real working parts that no one sees and therefore don't realise how much work goes into making it all happen.

W Series, just like the real thing i nodded off during Paul's rant :D

Another fine podcast so far, enjoy the SimExpo chaps

I just wanted to stop by and say 'thanks' for producing these podcasts. They really are entertaining and I must admit that I have found myself laughing out loud whilst listening to them as I walk the dog :laugh:

The best thing about them is that they make me feel more... 'part of something', and not just a geek who sits behind a screen making tracks for Assetto Corsa. My family don't ridicule me about my hobby (well, my wife does a bit :roflmao:), but their lack of interest does make me feel quite isolated. Listening to your podcast makes me feel altogether more connected, so thanks for that :thumbsup:

Keep up the great work ;)

I just wanted to stop by and say 'thanks' for producing these podcasts. They really are entertaining and I must admit that I have found myself laughing out loud whilst listening to them as I walk the dog :laugh:

The best thing about them is that they make me feel more... 'part of something', and not just a geek who sits behind a screen making tracks for Assetto Corsa. My family don't ridicule me about my hobby (well, my wife does a bit :roflmao:), but their lack of interest does make me feel quite isolated. Listening to your podcast makes me feel altogether more connected, so thanks for that :thumbsup:

Keep up the great work ;)

Thank you for the kind words.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 59 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 67 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.1%