The RaceDepartment Podcast (S1, E10) - Anniversary Special

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RD Podcast Out Now Ep10.jpg

Anniversary edition time! The special #askRD 10th show anniversary episode of our new Podcast is now live!

Breaking from the usual format, the RD Podcast team have reached out to the community and requested you submit your most pressing questions to the team, and in this one-off episode, we try to give those questions a semi-coherent answer!

For this episode Paul Glover, Davide Nativo and Paul Jeffrey line up in the virtual booth and give you our thoughts and opinions, all whilst celebrating the (admittedly quite small) milestone of reaching ten Podcast episode releases! 10!

It’s been a great journey so far, and thank you to all who have listened, downloaded and supported us so far in this new adventure – roll on many more to come in future…

As always, a big thanks to @RasmusP for his mightily appreciated help with the audio!

If you want to catch up on what the team have to say, either click the player below, or head over to your Podcast provider of choice and search for ‘RaceDepartment’.

So, what are you waiting for? Get yourself over to your podcast streaming service of choice, download, listen, subscribe and help us spread the word amongst the podcast listening racing community!

To help you access the various locations of this latest podcast, you can check out the useful list below of just some of the places you can listen to and download the new episode. Of course, if you missed the RD Podcast excitement last time out, you can still catch up with all out broadcasts too…

Podcast Links:
Do you have any special requests for future episodes? Do you want to share your thoughts, comments and feedback on what direction the show could take going forward? Please do let us know in the comments section, and at the RD Podcast sub forum location.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Thanks to the entire RD Podcast team for taking our questions and giving thoughtful responses! Great insights on sim e-sports and what is working well for large inclusive communities of virtual racers. :thumbsup:

I was also at the same wet race at Silverstone as @Paul Glover when the Ferraris were spinning after exiting Luffield over and over. I think I was at Woodcote... been a while so memory is a little hazy.

Thanks for answering our questions taking the time to go through them and for discussing them in the podcast. It's a great time to be a sim racer I think! :thumbsup:

yeah! and wasn't sure you'd answer my silly question :p

but i'm only about halfway through so it could go seriously downhill in the second half :roflmao:

Last edited:
Good pod again guys! Enjoyed all the discussions. Also is Davide a politician? as he’s really good at swerving the question :roflmao:

I think I should elborate on my question as when you read it out I realised I didn’t flesh it out very well!

Yes, I can’t match LeClercs time around Austria in time trial mode on F1 2019 but I was able to match Seb Vettels time from 2018 on F1 2018. So I guess this is just a sign that the game has got harder.

I think ‘stressed out’ was the wrong term for me to use. I still get enjoyment from whatever sim or game I’m playing, just that I do look at the real laps to compare! Guess I just need to get good! Haha.

Keep up the great work! :thumbsup:

Was a great listen whilst driving, usually don't really listen to any podcasts and this flew past in what felt like 20minutes :D Kinda answered my own question but still found it really interesting, keep it up guys :thumbsup:

Really how do you guys listen and drive? I really get carried away by the driving itself, I usually don't even recall what music was played on the radio >.<

Another fab podcast and a funny one to boot, thanks for answering the questions it was great :)
I listened whilst clearing bushes and brambles at work!

FYI I wear Sparco Puma shoes when sim racing.

Great pod cast guys.

@Paul Glover thank goodness @Paul Jeffrey was there to salvage my question. It was only when I heard you read it out I thought, "ah I probably haven't explained that as well as I could have".

I should have said I predominantly play offline. And the question was also based on an incident in the 96 minutes of le mans race recently. I was taken out by a move that would never have been attempted in real life it was just too unsafe.

I would just love a sim where you can't esc and return to pits. And you have to ease your way to the limit. Not just hoon it out on practice one in to a wall and restart session, or restart a race.

Maybe it is just me but I would love a Motorsport replication.

Last edited:
Thanks for answering my questions, I appreciate it. I also look forward to drivers stats bieng kept here at RD, my years at Race2Play spoiled me so I need it. Anyway you guys are doing a great job with the podcasts, keep up the good work. I do have a criticism of something Paul said about changes he would like to see in F1. But I will save it for another day:sneaky:, thanks again guys.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 132 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 70 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 139 13.9%