The RaceDepartment iRacing club announces its new racing series.

starmazda-series.jpg
The RaceDepartment iRacing club has been hugely popular and has recently concluded its first series - the MX-5 Championship with Kevin Ascher taking the title with an impressive 5 wins. Now the iRacing club ups the ante as they take to a series of new tracks in the Star Mazda open wheel racing car. The schedule will now run every other week giving drivers the time to prepare their racing setup's and practice at each venue. The series will run on some familiar tracks from our last series while introducing Indianapolis Motor Speedway in its road course configuration, Watkins Glen, Charlotte Motor Speedway in its road course configuration and the series finale at Daytona International Speedway also in its road course configuration. The series will soon be taking registrations for 34 drivers to fight it out over the following 8 rounds:

Indianapolis Motor Speedway - Road Course Configuration
Watkins Glen – Boot Configuration
Charlotte Motor Speedway - Road Course Configuration
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca – Full Course Configuration
Brands Hatch – Grand Prix Configuration
Road Atlanta – Full Course Configuration
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps – GP Pits Configuration
Daytona International Speedway - Road Course Configuration

More news on this series will be released in due course including dates and race length, keep checking the RaceDepartment iRacing forum for details.

Any tracks we choose are going to be recycled in future events. We chose the tracks carefully to try and keep the cost down, thats why there are only three new tracks in this series but I understand if that is too much for some of you guys to pay for. We're trying to strike a balance between using tracks we know people have and also introducing new ones into the roster to keep things fresh and interesting. Tracks such as Daytona and Indy - which we are racing in their road configurations can be used in future events such as an Indy 500 or a 24hr race at Daytona. There will also still be one-off events in the future.

Using a saying commonly attributed to Abraham Lincoln (where it says 'please' he actually said 'fool').......

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time

This is always going to be the case with RD Race Series using iRacing, unless we decide to go with only Rookie cars and Rookie tracks, but then IMO you don't the best out of the sim, so some series will suit some folks, some won't. C'est la vie I guess.

Yep - count me in please. I have the Star Mazda but have never raced it. This will hopefully give me the incentive to do so. Never quite felt like I had got to grips with the Skippy before moving on.

Looking forward to some great racing.

I hope for a race every other week to allow some time to get the hang of the car / setups given that I have limited time to race and practice.

Now to sort myself out and order the Obutto and triple screen mount and get 3 monitors for eyefinity !!!

Cheers

Don't worry I perfectly understand :)
I'm very fine with it
It's just that I dont enjoy openwheelers so much and Brands Hatch, Indy and Daytona are not tracks that fit in any of the schedule I need to complete this season so these will probably be the very last road tracks I'll buy.
I already bought the Jetta JUST to participate in the Grand Touring race, so next car I'll buy will be one I use :) (Riley!!!!!!!!! :D )

I'll be there on the next tintop championship :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 259 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 169 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 167 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 125 7.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 231 13.7%