The point of ACC

123rem

@Simberia
Since the recent introductions of scripted day-night transitions, the weather effects and the increasingly high quality Assetto Corsa mods, is it time for Kunos to abandon the development of their limited ACC title and to push Assetto Corsa as the GPL moddable sim of it's generation?

Does anyone think ACC will usurp Assetto Corsa as a sim? I don't.

All well-thought-out responses welcome.

Short catchphrases not welcome.

• Deleted member 197115

The point of ACC - pave the road for AC2 or additional racing class focused series, whatever format Kunos choose.
And yeah, the road has been bumpy so far.
Expected, it is learning lessons effort before moving to something bigger after all.

*Their naivety brought us the wonderful AC, but their naivety brought them to the lame duck that is ACC.

Again, my opinion. If ACC makes more than it cost, I'll eat my own balls. It just won't. Not a chance. I am a Chartered Accountant so I have some idea what I am talking about. I would not invest in ACC.

There's a lot of dense material here to comb through. Let me correct some wording for you.
*Their passion brought us the wonderful AC, but their passion also brought us ACC.

It's just greed, unfortunately. Greed and not listening to your consumer base. No AC fan would have suggested this is what we wanted in the new title from Kunos. I would guess historical racing would have been the number one choice. 1950s,60s F1 cars hurtling around historic Nurburgring, Spa, Monaco would have sold a lot more than ACC.

Historical racing is not popular, this experiment has been tried over and over. On this site and many more. If you see it done anywhere it's usually some peculiar league racing. Reality is ppl like new stuff, and GT3 is here to stay. As well as Porsche Cup, GTE etc.

AC fans suggested/critiqued/found bugs and Kunos listened and subsequently improved AC within their powers to do so. A lot of those fans are modders, and contributing community members... which you dont see making posts like these, mostly because they have better **** to do. What Kunos didnt give us in AC was night/day cycles and dynamic weather. Well they delivered that with ACC and then some. With the amount of complaints and constant berating they would have made SimTetris with night/day/raing/etc.

ACC is a Kunos based sim with eSports at its heart, and emulation of the real life Blancpain series, with all the bells and whistles required to do so. If thats not your cup of tea then vote with your dollar.

Also .... lol the entitlement these days fml.
I am a Chartered Accountant so I have some idea what I am talking about. I would not invest in ACC.
Why would you do that? eShouting on the internets about your CA , so sad, but also no one cares. No one cares or wants to know what you are, as long as you back up your claims with factual facts but all you've said is just .... opinion, and you know what they say about those.

There's a troll post like this almost every second, somewhere on the internets, I guess I played myself by replying... fml another one.

The point of ACC - pave the road for AC2 or additional racing class focused series....

"Different classes down the road", I think to have heard that being mentioned from the devs, so there's a good chance for that if the core game is successful, yes, but as far as a possible AC2, I think we will be out of luck. Getting Assetto Corsa the way it is, being open for modding, and featuring something like ~170 different cars with authentic handling characteristics, governed by a physics engine that can handle almost everything from 1950s F1 Maserati with a DeDion Axle, over ordinary road cars, to the high downforce race cars of today, well, not just simple handle them but quite accurately so, to make each car drive in a believable manner, that was an simply astonishing feat in my eyes, and I'm doubtful this will be done again.
Also towards the end of its development cycle, to maintain und update that fleet of cars, was said to have been quite a chore.

AC had a greater audience from the get go, thanks to the wider spread of cars, yet, in the early days, there have also been countless complaints of people for features not implemented and buggy net code, and what not. Only with time the general audience began to appreciate the vast scale of finesse AC offers with each car once you look beyond the surface, and today, more then 4 years after release, and like 5 years since early access, it rocks with up to 4k players on steam (in good part down to the great mods being released, it has to be said).

There is a similar happening in ACC. The game is in early access now, the devs have been open and honest about the path of the development, often explaining their decisions. This is fantastic if you're interested, but also creates a vulnerability that can be easily exposed. Once feature complete and with development finished, people will start to recognize to what level of detail these GT3 cars are being made, and how much attention has been payed to every aspect of the game.
Like with AC, the main attraction of ACC lies under the hood. It's the core driving experience. And like with AC, the devs are avoiding short cuts, but rather concentrate on meticulously and painstakingly working out the bugs, and refining the game until it is ready.
So in simple terms, the point of ACC is to become the ultimate reference for a GT3 class racing simulator

...quite a wall of text:redface:...

Awesome thread, Motivated me to reinstall ACC and give it a run for the first time since Dec 6 2018....
But why did you buy it, then uninstall it seeing it was EA and you could have used it as a tool to make it the racing title you wanted?
That's what this is all about. Early Access, report bugs, ask for enhancements, give some ideas. The devs are only human after all, extremely talented and gifted humans granted, but they can't test every PC configuration with every sim racer individual set up. That's our job, and we received the full title upon release at a great price for that very reason.
I just don't understand the mentality of removing something from your hard drive when there is testing to be done and issues to report. Or did you think you were getting the complete title at the point of purchase?

• Deleted member 197115

But why did you buy it, then uninstall it seeing it was EA and you could have used it as a tool to make it the racing title you wanted?
That's what this is all about. Early Access, report bugs, ask for enhancements, give some ideas. The devs are only human after all, extremely talented and gifted humans granted, but they can't test every PC configuration with every sim racer individual set up. That's our job, and we received the full title upon release at a great price for that very reason.
I just don't understand the mentality of removing something from your hard drive when there is testing to be done and issues to report. Or did you think you were getting the complete title at the point of purchase?
I don't know there was something about ACC I didn't like from get go. Poor screen and super poor VR performance, blurry graphics, bad ffb, questionable physics. Was with AC since EA and it was love at first sight.
May be we just got spoiled or set expectations too high.

I guess I didn't experience the VR issues as I don't have it. But EA is EA and issues are to be expected. Guess I'm lucky to have a fairly standard Rig with Fanatec gear which meant I didn't really have any issues outside of graphical optimizations that, thankfully, means I can now crank up the eye candy a bit more whilst still getting 60fps in 1080 res.

Since the recent introductions of scripted day-night transitions, the weather effects and the increasingly high quality Assetto Corsa mods, is it time for Kunos to abandon the development of their limited ACC title and to push Assetto Corsa as the GPL moddable sim of it's generation?

Does anyone think ACC will usurp Assetto Corsa as a sim? I don't.

All well-thought-out responses welcome.

Short catchphrases not welcome.
AC looks like a complete amateur compared to ACC in all kinds of ways. As simple as that.
I don`t even drive it any longer, since all I need and desire is in ACC, and it`s only at v0.72 :)

I bought it to support Kunos, confident in their ability to deliver a quality title.The reduced purchase price also played a part in the equation.

You're deluded if you think I have an obligation to make it my "job" after purchasing the game, Though if Kunos want to hire me my current rate is $60au per hour, Plus 10 percent super, 4 weeks holidays, 12 public holidays, a vehicle, a phone, and I will need help with relocation to Italy.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 248 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 165 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 229 13.9%