The point of ACC

123rem

@Simberia
Since the recent introductions of scripted day-night transitions, the weather effects and the increasingly high quality Assetto Corsa mods, is it time for Kunos to abandon the development of their limited ACC title and to push Assetto Corsa as the GPL moddable sim of it's generation?

Does anyone think ACC will usurp Assetto Corsa as a sim? I don't.

All well-thought-out responses welcome.

Short catchphrases not welcome.

I hope the RD Club doesn't stop running AC GT3 events just because there is a sim that's dedicated to it. GT4 cars are nice too as are other classes. ACC seems awesome to me, I loved the ffb from the first corner, the premise of a single class/series is nice and the cars fun to drive. There seems to be a greater gap between me and the front runners though, maybe it's attracting a higher quality driver?

AC have good engine but among the cars who have a lot of downforce (GT3, LMP, etc) (kunos or mod) how many have real coefficient of lift and real centre of gravity?

Last edited:
Developer creates a racing game with all kinds of different cars and tracks.

Sim racers: Ah, nah, you should just focus on one series and put as many little details in as possible! You know, like GTR2!!

Developer creates a new game focused on one series with all kinds of minute details to nerd out on.

Sim racers: Ah, nah, that's not going to sell at all, dead in the water. You should go back to developing your last game that we complained about.

:rolleyes:

Developer creates a racing game with all kinds of different cars and tracks.

Sim racers: Ah, nah, you should just focus on one series and put as many little details in as possible! You know, like GTR2!!

Developer creates a new game focused on one series with all kinds of minute details to nerd out on.

Sim racers: Ah, nah, that's not going to sell at all, dead in the water. You should go back to developing your last game that we complained about.

:rolleyes:
You do realize those are not the same individuals in those two "camps", yes? :)

You do realize those are not the same individuals in those two "camps", yes? :)

Maybe, maybe not. I've seen many many many sim racers bitch about not having a thing, then they get it and continue to bitch about it or start bitching about something else they don't have. Then they argue with strangers on the internet about not having a thing, or how their thing is better than everyone else's thing. Yeah, in my experience those two camps have a huge amount of overlap. Here, I made a venn diagram for it. :D

sim racers venn diagram.png

Maybe, maybe not. I've seen many many many sim racers bitch about not having a thing, then they get it and continue to bitch about it or start bitching about something else they don't have. Then they argue with strangers on the internet about not having a thing, or how their thing is better than everyone else's thing. Yeah, in my experience those two camps have a huge amount of overlap.
Don't take my rose-tinted glasses, damn you! :D But yeah, I've done some of those things too, back in my early fanboy days :redface:

Last edited:
Kunos is here to stay, they are very good developers.
If ACC flops all they have to do is announce Assetto Corsa 2 and it will rain gold.
Well, unless they pull a PCARS. PCARS2 sold a lot worse due to people feeling burned over the first game. I was one of those people.

Not that I think ACC is going to flop mind you. If anything it is going to be a huge success. I like what I am seeing a lot and many people do too.

Maybe, maybe not. I've seen many many many sim racers bitch about not having a thing, then they get it and continue to bitch about it or start bitching about something else they don't have. Then they argue with strangers on the internet about not having a thing, or how their thing is better than everyone else's thing. Yeah, in my experience those two camps have a huge amount of overlap. Here, I made a venn diagram for it. :D

View attachment 300544
Literally LOL :roflmao::thumbsup:

To see ACC in AC tab in forum clearly show that it's unpopular. If you go to Pcars forum tab, you won't see stuff about Pcars2, because Pcars2 is a successful title that has real bling, bling & sparkle.

The days I'll take esport seriously is when people will all use plastic pedal/wheel & use walls as ping pong to win easy & effortless.

If you go to Pcars forum tab, you won't see stuff about Pcars2, because Pcars2 is a successful title that has real bling, bling & sparkle.

Comparing a game that was completed and released several years ago to a game that has not been completed or released yet (other than early access) is comparing apples to oranges. Or, appleseeds to orange trees. :rolleyes:

I don't understand the hate boners some people get about sims. It's like, it doesn't matter. If you don't like it don't play it. Why come and piss on everyone's parade. I mean, I get the discussions about which simulator best emulates specific parts of actualy racing and which has the best physics and so on. But just outright going "I don't like this so therefore I need to tell everyone that I don't like this and no one should."

I don't understand the hate boners some people get about sims. It's like, it doesn't matter. If you don't like it don't play it. Why come and piss on everyone's parade. I mean, I get the discussions about which simulator best emulates specific parts of actualy racing and which has the best physics and so on. But just outright going "I don't like this so therefore I need to tell everyone that I don't like this and no one should."
From my past and my preference for a certain predecessor to ACC I've learned the following. There is a certain kind of investment in a sim for a lot of people, may it be monetary (DLCs, paymods) or just a lot of time spent learning and practicing, sometimes thousands of hours, which ultimately leads to emotional investment. People tend to get emotionally attached to all kinds of things they use or enjoy a lot. When somebody criticizes something you are emotional about, you may misjudge what is being said and mybe even take it as a personal insult to your tastes and the things you like, and you become defensive. Likewise, if there is something that may be better or newer, it might threaten your preferences, and people ususlly don't want that to happen.

Of cource not everyone gets emotionally invested like that, but those people also tend not to argue about what is best or worst.

Last edited:
Since the recent introductions of scripted day-night transitions, the weather effects and the increasingly high quality Assetto Corsa mods, is it time for Kunos to abandon the development of their limited ACC title and to push Assetto Corsa as the GPL moddable sim of it's generation?

Does anyone think ACC will usurp Assetto Corsa as a sim? I don't.

All well-thought-out responses welcome.

Short catchphrases not welcome.
You are certainly entitled to your own opinion but I think you've missed the boat on this one.
ACC is not really a direct competitor to AC.
It is a commissioned title to replicate a single series.
Look also at the vast improvements since ER1 till now. I wouldn't go counting out anything at this point.
The guys at KS take great pride in getting things where they want them to go.
Bottom line: You can have and enjoy both...I know I do.

There is a certain kind of investment in a sim for a lot of people, may it be monetary (DLCs, paymods) or just a lot of time spent learning and practicing, sometimes thousands of hours, which ultimately leads to emotional investment. People tend to get emotionally attached to all kinds of things they use or enjoy a lot. When somebody criticizes something you are emotional about, you may misjudge what is being said and mybe even take it as a personal insult to your tastes and the things you like, and you become defensive. Likewise, if there is something that may be better or newer, it might threaten your preferences, and people ususlly don't want that to happen.

Sure. But then I stop and think "Do I really care what some random person halfway around the world thinks? Should I let their opinion affect something I personally enjoy? Do I care if this person I will never meet insults me? No, no I don't care what about any of this and I'm going to continue enjoying what I enjoy." If you enjoy something then enjoy it and don't worry about what strangers on the internet think about it.

Sure. But then I stop and think "Do I really care what some random person halfway around the world thinks? Should I let their opinion affect something I personally enjoy? Do I care if this person I will never meet insults me? No, no I don't care what about any of this and I'm going to continue enjoying what I enjoy." If you enjoy something then enjoy it and don't worry about what strangers on the internet think about it.
Precisely. I am very passionate about a lot of things and I love to nerdout about details over physics or something. But this is really just going into a silly argument about personal taste.

That's the grown up thing to do, agreed. Still, not everybody is capable of that, and there are also those whoo need validation for their preferences, even if it is from strangers. Myself, I have grown out of this, at least I like to think so - but I still like to argue sometimes :)

That's the grown up thing to do, agreed. Still, not everybody is capable of that

Yeah, in my experience very few are capable of it. Especially people on the interwebs. :laugh:

but I still like to argue sometimes :)

Yeah, I'm guilty of that too, but it's usually just to point out some juvenile nonsense. Sometimes I just can't help letting people know they're being silly. :roflmao:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%