The Outlaw

Cars The Outlaw 2017-06-13

Login or Register an account to download this content
Did you release that thing back in the day? I have a feeling I used this mod, but I could be wrong as there were many such banger cars and it's been a few years :laugh: I also recognize the decal on the passenger door from my first ever PC racing game :inlove::inlove:

Did you release that thing back in the day? I have a feeling I used this mod, but I could be wrong as there were many such banger cars and it's been a few years :laugh: I also recognize the decal on the passenger door from my first ever PC racing game :inlove::inlove:

I bet you did, the post-apoc theme was at it's peak back then around 2001 in the Carmageddon community, so we did a lot of crap related to that, there's even a full post-apoc mod for C2 that I can remember, crazy stuff.

Here's a sort of timeline of all the cars I ever did for C2:
http://a3dr.toshiba-3.com/

That's quite the output. I'm sure I used a lot of your muscle cars, I had a ton of those in the game. You could say I've been a fan of your work for 17 years now :D

Classic Mad Max beyond Thunderdome, love it!

What ever happened to that beautiful Toyota you were working on?

I've heard that @aphidgod got his Impreza back from the shop... so we're doomed :)
It's just a matter of physics that's all, it'll get done. I need to do some updates to the 3D models as well.

That's quite the output. I'm sure I used a lot of your muscle cars, I had a ton of those in the game. You could say I've been a fan of your work for 17 years now :D

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Enough love, this car seems to have pissed off Mini owners, so this is proof it doesn't discriminate when it's time to destroy :D
Screenshot_the_outlaw_tajo_13-6-117-17-21-9.jpg

Either that or the Mazda decided to do some time travel BTTF 2 style :roflmao:

This just goes to show that a mod doesn't have to be technically perfect...
Comedy gold... This also goes to show that Assetto needs 3D pedestrians (I mean spectators)... and you should to make the doors open while driving lol

Oh and springy suspension that launches you 100ft in the air ;)

This just goes to show that a mod doesn't have to be technically perfect...
Comedy gold... This also goes to show that Assetto needs 3D pedestrians (I mean spectators)... and you should to make the doors open while driving lol

Oh and springy suspension that launches you 100ft in the air ;)

Your comment describes perfectly what I was aiming for with this :cool:

Funny to see how only the closest followers post here, or dare to download this mod :roflmao:

Just driven this mega machine... what a piece of ****, I love it! :p

I did notice the rear axle seems messed up, one wheel toes in, the other toes out :roflmao: Makes going in a straight line a challenge!

Anyway, good effort. Hope you can bring your other mods up to this new standard you've set.

Just driven this mega machine... what a piece of ****, I love it! :p

I did notice the rear axle seems messed up, one wheel toes in, the other toes out :roflmao: Makes going in a straight line a challenge!

Anyway, good effort. Hope you can bring your other mods up to this new standard you've set.
It's actually kind of a lovely steaming piece of ****... but hilarious... I was laughing just at the skin preview!
and it's better than some other car mods on some less reputable websites lol

You certainly have raised the bar for your future mods... The texture work in particular is a beauty to behold... Before there has been 4k... 2k.... 1k... 1/2k and then whatever this is lol

And respects for that fact that the pefectionist side of you actually allowed this to be uploaded ;)

LOL, I should've set up the rear axle properly, will make sure of that on the next crap I'll release :poop::poop::poop:

Glad to read these comments, sure made me laugh!
Given the low number of downloads and how unpopular this car is, I'll release a pack of similar vehicles in the future. Not sure when as I don't want this to take more time than it's worth, but it's on my to-do list for sure.

About the handling, yeah it's a piece of :poop:, if you want to drive it straight turn on TC (forced) and it's kind of drivable, at least enough to smash some traffic head on.
I almost went with the "F1" style physics only meant to go fast and smash things, but then I've thought it'll be cool to make it hard to drive too.

On the textures side... well, yeah, it's as low as it gets. The largest map was 128x128, and that's right on the edge of killing the C2 engine, I remember (FPS drops), each part must have it's own texture map or something, it was a mess. No UV's only planar projection on each part.
We used CarEd, a homemade 3D editor written in Java:

trace.gif

I remember you had to create the three vertices first and then the polygon, repeat for each face :sleep:

By the look of it...back in the Carma2 days... You might have been working with FAR less polys... But the tools you were using were proportionally harder to use.

You probably used more polys on the Diablo's wing mirror than the whole of that McLaren... How funny is that!

When you look back at how technology has moved on so Massively in around 20 years... It kind of makes you wonder what things will be like in another 20 years.

That's if the robots haven't taken us over by then! lol

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back