Apparently in max savings mode :coffee: 180km
Max Energy with hills 65km
First ride we do is Windsor to Parramatta Park

Can't wait for batteries to get smaller and more powerful
The bike has 500W they cost $1,200 each lol

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/au/talon-eplus-29-2

MY21TalonE+229_ColorABlack.jpg

I don't get e-bikes, unless it's a communter bike :O_o:

If you're going off-road and don't want to pedal, why not just buy a motorbike instead?

I am in my 60s and ride up to 50km on Giant Talon
You still pedal but when you don't want to you don't have to
Not for off road .... in my home town you have rough roads and shoulders so a road bikes are a no no
Why E Bike it is for long explores on the growing number of bike ways in Sydney, have lunch , photos etc

Motocross bike is useless need rego and license then where do I keep it on 2nd floor unit

bump :)

Another thing I neglect to mention MX and MX bikes trails are nothing alike not even close

Try this on a motorbike , MX championships don't have huge trees to hit

Like mine ie: hardtail can you imagine motorbike doing it with no rear suspension

edit
You should ask these guys why they use battery :x3:
Just because you use one doesn't mean you get no exercise, E Bikes have variable modes where you pedal less or more ;)

giant_ebike_mountain_banner_navi21.jpg

Last edited:
I don't get e-bikes, unless it's a communter bike :O_o:

If you're going off-road and don't want to pedal, why not just buy a motorbike instead?
Because in a lot of countries, a motorbike is illegal off-road. Also, a electric bike weight a lot less, so more fun! I love ebikes, they definitely have a place, brilliant for commuting and super fun off road! (Also have normal bikes ofc. but they are for different use.)

Got bike home unfortunately been raining here.
Locked up with new $200 Kryptonite and Cable and $260 Sirius MK9 +Tracer ReAKT MK2
Sold my Blue 2015 Talon , Red 2018 Talon only done 100km because the 2015 would not give up and main reason I buy ebike from Giant

IMG_0096.JPG

IMG_0093.JPG

IMG_0063.JPG

Last edited:
You might but don't speak for me please

For your information you can spend $10,000+ on Giant MTX electric

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/au/trance-x-eplus-pro-29-1

Mine is second cheapest model you can get and I saved for years that is how you afford things

E bikes are slowly getting banned from trail centres so enjoy it while you can.

I have nothing against E bikes in principle but I don't get the fad of youngish, healthy riders buying them .

As we need to break our ridiculous carbon based fuel addiction at some point, it is at least a movement in the right direction if people, young or old, are choosing pedals and batteries over an internal combustion solution.

Current methods of battery production are generally carbon intensive so battery powered vehicles aren't quite the "world-saving" solution that they are being sold as. That said, a lifetime of e-bike/public transport use is going to be a huge improvement on a lifetime of throwing gallon after gallon after gallon into the tank.

E bikes are slowly getting banned from trail centres so enjoy it while you can.

I have nothing against E bikes in principle but I don't get the fad of youngish, healthy riders buying them .
To me sounds silly to ban them as dangerous
The pace gap is just as big in rookie to pro whether pedal or power then you have people are just plain dangerous
4WD does infinitely more damage and are far more dangerous in the wrong hands

Yeah as I said I don't ride "off-road"
Normal road bikes and racing bikes have no suspension
MTX have suspension and thick soft tyres you get much better ride on pavement or dirt

Personally I think more about how we have turned nature into trails and oceans into garbage tips

“We Expect Every Second New Bike in Europe to Have the Motor in 2026"​

.................So by then E-Bike riders will have the same voice and rights as pedal power on or off road

Last edited:
Forgot to acknowledge the extra damage e-bikes can do to the actual trial , banks, turns, drops
On average my 3 pedal alloy Giant II owned are 13-15KG
My E-Bike is double that 28-30KG ..this is just meant as rough guide as you have steel and carbon bikes
soooo....
85KG rider on pedal power is 100KG
60KG rider on ebike is 90KG
what does most damage ? lol ;)

Last edited:
E-MTB's, which is basically what we're talking about here, present no more damage to the trail, not here, not anywhere. The ones causing damage is the ones shredding berms and turns and locking brakes. Yes they're heavier, but when you factor in rider weight, its only 10-15% from a normal rider.

On a normal trail, ebikes dont make much sense, you're supposed to earn that descent, however, if you want to loop that descent over and over again (for fun or to train you bike handling skills) or for bike parks without lifts, they're just brilliant. Going down for 1 minute equals going up for 20 minutes (roughly) and if I didnt have to do the up bit and only care about the down bit, I'd be thrilled. But unfortunately I cant afford it.

Anyone I've seen try an E-MTB have loved it almost immidiately.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 106 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 147 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 40.0%