The Old Nurburgring comes to AC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will soon be releasing my new track, the 1967 Nurburgring - 14 miles of Green Hell.
It's 90% finished, but I still want to tweak it a little more and eradicate every last bug I can find (that's pretty much all I've been doing for the last 2 days) The AI works great for 67 F1 cars and there are 28 grid slots.

Here is a Youtube video to showcase the track.

Instead of throwing allegations in the room, have you checked them before calling in the mob?
Would be quite ridiculous if that turned out to be wrong, dont you think ? And btw, if you read the TOS your action was against the TOS as well.
This toxic mentality is ruining the simrace community and you guys should be ashamed.

Back on topic:
I am normally a fan of conversions from the past, but with the Nordschleife i am now used to the accuracy of the laser-scaned versions and cant go back to a version done by approximation. By the time they were the only ones exisiting and i loved them back then though.
Thank you for your efforts Gilles75 !

Please define the definition of ripping. And to quote the TOS explain your right to post about this -> If you believe your copyright-protected work was posted on RaceDepartment by one of our users without authorization, you may submit a copyright infringement notification. These requests should only be submitted by the copyright owner or an agent authorized to act on the owner’s behalf.

These requests should only be submitted by the copyright owner or an agent authorized to act on the owner’s behalf.
And common sense says that the hundreds of Forza rips that have been removed in the past by the moderators were not in fact instigated by Turn 10, so not sure why there would be a sudden change of heart for this one. Not mentioning the fact its payware...

It's a complicated subject, as we know. A scratch-built officially-branded copy of just about any car or track is technically against RD's ToS regarding copyright, but those remain uploaded here, front and centre.

"When creating or uploading free to use mods, car skins, helmets, cars, tracks etc users should seek official permission first from the copyright or trademark holders."

Car companies and track owners are having their rights violated daily and nobody seems to mind (least of all me), but when it's a copy from another game, the rules change. Like I said, it's complicated - and has been debated here many times with no real resolution.

It's a complicated subject, as we know. A scratch-built officially-branded copy of just about any car or track is technically against RD's ToS regarding copyright, but those remain uploaded here, front and centre. Car companies and track owners are having their rights violated daily and nobody seems to mind (least of all me), but when it's a copy from another game, the rules change. Like I said, it's complicated - and has been debated here many times with no real resolution.
Not complicated at all. This is RD, they make the call, and they've set a precedent and stuck to it pretty closely. That makes it simple for us to know what is and isn't allowed here.

Not complicated at all. This is RD, they make the call, and they've set a precedent and stuck to it pretty closely. That makes it simple for us to know what is and isn't allowed here.
Then the ToS maybe need revising to clearly omit trademarks owned by car manufacturers, track owners, clothing brands etc etc, otherwise they're totally open to misinterpretation in this unwritten 'grey area' of what is and isn't actually allowed.
Just playing devil's advocate here, but ToS should state actuality, not inferences.
Then arguments like this one might be avoided.

Please define the definition of ripping. And to quote the TOS explain your right to post about this -> If you believe your copyright-protected work was posted on RaceDepartment by one of our users without authorization, you may submit a copyright infringement notification. These requests should only be submitted by the copyright owner or an agent authorized to act on the owner’s behalf.
The other ones you glossed over:
  • Posts, attachments, uploads or links which contain original game files are not allowed.
  • When creating or uploading free to use mods, car skins, helmets, cars, tracks etc users should seek official permission first from the copyright or trademark holders.
  • It's strictly forbidden to deep-link, and bypass our site, to our resources and modding files for any purpose, unless specifically authorised by RaceDepartment to do so.

@mclarenf1papa i didnt mention the ones that dont apply here.
but since you mention them the ball is on your side of the field:
a) point out the original game files that are hurt here
b) proof that no permission was received
c) show the link that were used to bypass RD
Not complicated at all. This is RD, they make the call,
That is correct. Its not up to forum members to decide on that or even address these topics in a not dedicated thread. Its toxicating these forums in my opinion and simracing in general. Its about doing good things together, sharing a hobby and not forming angry-sounding mobs. Damn, we should race and not bitch-fight after all ;)

"a) point out the original game files that are hurt here"
  • Original game files being the ones taken from GPL
"b) proof that no permission was received"
  • That's a logical fallacy (appeal to ignorance) on both sides of the coin. Statistically, a lack of evidence that a conversion was permitted would lend itself towards the conversion being done without permission. However, there's no definitive proof either way, so it's not a fair argument on either side - it's nevertheless a consideration for the topic, because in all likelihood, permission was not granted.
"c) show the link that were used to bypass RD"
  • "This zipped file is password protected. If you want to use this track send £2 or 2 Euros to my Paypal address Mod Edit and I will email you the unzip password. Don't forget to include your email address that you want the password sent to." :cautious:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the clarification and your civilized tone mclarenf1papa.
I can see your points now. If its indeed sourced from the GPL original track, even if this version is not directly derived from the game but from a previous rip, i can understand why people get angry and this calls for moderators of RD to clear things up.

I always believe in the best of the people, so i think Gilles didn't knew that. We have no way to proof either way. I myself got this track years ago for GTLegends from Nogrip which used to have a strict policy about rips as well, there were loopholes and questionable files as well. Sometimes there were checkfiles included with the mods were the original install medium was required. Moneyfication was and is no possibility if copyrighted material is in play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back