The Off-Topic Thread

KS95

RACER Moderator
Just to avoid spamming threads, how about an off-topic thread.. basically to ask stuff and talk about stuff that doesn't need it's own thread or isn't very relative.

I'll start lol. Is anyone else having problems downloading from tracciontrasera? I just get redirected to the homepage every time :(

Hello. There is any proper way to scale car from GTA SA in correct dimensions ? I use 3DS Max but still can't get 1:1 result. Maybe someone know how to properly scale GTA cars ?
I've always just set the wheelbase and wheel track then used Racer's modeler to correct the size of the body by eyeball. (I think you have to scale it down to like 0.98 or something like that)

I've always just set the wheelbase and wheel track then used Racer's modeler to correct the size of the body by eyeball. (I think you have to scale it down to like 0.98 or something like that)

You talking about this scale tool function ? Or you scale car in Modeler.exe ?

4eabe188a64c.jpg

P. S. I think, i made it :)

0d5067a84cf8.jpg

Last edited:
Harey

Thanks for information. One more question about .dof file. Sometimes i can't open car .dof file in Zmodeler 1. Program just crashed. Strange is that i can open this part in Modeler and it's show normal. There is only export .wrl file format and where i can open it ? Or it's possible somehow to open this .dof file another program and export it again ? So strange i have this problem very often.

Yep pretty easy to change it.

Just don't use the standard Racer sky system and use large static textures, and then create correcting lighting and rendering values for everything in the scene so it all 'matches' together nicely.

I'll release some stuff soon for things like this, just it takes quite a bit of time to get it working nicely for the latest Panthera/Racer versions.

I've got it pretty much working for RC5c but no one seems to use that version any more... and the latest Panthera has some key features either missing or buggy so no go there for now :(

Dave

Hey there,

I think it probably would work for those versions too.

If you download the 'asphalt' track (pretty sure it's still available via the thread), then you can use the sky.dof and sky shader, and texture as a reference for how to then add a similar sky to a track of your choice.
You can then just grab textures and tweak to suit your needs from cgskies.com... the JPG samples are pretty ok for most purposes!

Dave

If you download the 'asphalt' track (pretty sure it's still available via the thread), then you can use the sky.dof and sky shader, and texture as a reference for how to then add a similar sky to a track of your choice.

Do you have download link ? I can't find this road.

Hello. I don't find any information about this subject. It's possible to make paint job and template for car ? Like in this video.

To get result like this: Link

Also want to make decals on front and rear windows.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back