The Off-Topic Thread

KS95

RACER Moderator
Just to avoid spamming threads, how about an off-topic thread.. basically to ask stuff and talk about stuff that doesn't need it's own thread or isn't very relative.

I'll start lol. Is anyone else having problems downloading from tracciontrasera? I just get redirected to the homepage every time :(

Hi guys. Long time no see :)

Sold all my high-end computers as all I need is a laptop
to stream music and vids, and a typewriter. SIM's have
been highly neglected for the last years. But. I found som
unfinnished tracks that could be released with some minor
bug-fixes. Cannot run the latest, but what is the latest CG
version that runs on low-end gpu's? My current GPU is a
GeForce GO 7300 (yes, it is old). Thanks in advance :)

So I was messing around with a car I had converted a while ago, and had replaced the entire engine section with the one from AMGfan's 540i Touring. Then I found that the thing was revving up in neutral, and idle pulling when in gear (the car I'm fooling with is a 2010 Lincoln Town Car, so it has an automatic). Come to find out he had set the idle_method to 1, and the idle throttle to 0.05.

So I figured I'd use this to my advantage and created a rather little script that just sets the throttle position to a lot lower so it will idle close to normal in neutral. But it won't rev in neutral, so my question is, is there a way I could get the controller's throttle position?

You can read pure throttle input with this:

Code:
$variable_name = get system "car0.controls_throttle_before_tc"

It will most probably cause issues in multiplayer situations, because of Racer's lack of scope for scripting/script owners but works fine on it's own.

Hey folks, sorry I've disappeared for so long. I've just caught up and sorted some things out but if you guys need anything done don't be afraid to send me a PM. I'll try and stop in more anyways :)

Scott

Hey folks, sorry I've disappeared for so long. I've just caught up and sorted some things out but if you guys need anything done don't be afraid to send me a PM. I'll try and stop in more anyways :)

Scott
Yeah you need to stop in more Mr. Mod lmao.

Though I'd say something on here, my parents decided its time to get a new minivan, went looking earlier this week and well my parents came back from a second visit at the dealer for a van we looked at on monday, and looks like were getting it. Dodge Grand Caravan R/T, pretty sure its the most loaded thing they've ever bought lol. My dad doesn't like red vehicles but he looked at this thing and actually liked it, despite its color. I'm happy because, it has front and mid row heated seats, and a heated steering wheel, touchscreen, sport suspension, and I believe these things got unique engine tuning.
IMG_20140922_200244_055_zps383951a0.jpg

Hello everyone!
This question ,mostly is messaged to people that live in the US.
The problem is - my brother bought a car in the US in auction ( copart ), then the was shipped to Europe. His came to register the car, but they refused to do it because he didn't have a US car title. Is there a possible way some how to get it or get a certified copy without living in the US? I have found some info at the google. but it seems that you should live in the US.
Would be very helpful for any information.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 311 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.5%