The next feature to develop: correct clutch & gearbox management

The only thing lacking in GSCE right now is being able to correctly use the clutch and gearbox. I find this to be something a true high-fidelity sim needs badly. I know the engine does not support using the clutch but it does not suppose to support 8 gears but Reiza got that working so im hopefull!
Im currently having to use this plugin, and its not nearly as complex as it should be, nor should a sim of this quality need external plugins. http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Grinding Tranny Mod

We need to be able to use the clutch and to match revs, do double clutch shifts and clutchless revmatch shifts. Without this the labour of love that is a manual gearbox is lost!

Despite not having (yet) a very good clutch model in GSC, the heel&toe is already a necessity when you want to avoid locking rear tires while downshifting. After done properly, it becomes second nature while driving. It helps A LOT to raise your brake pedal a little compared to the throttle, like in a real car.
Anyway, what I would really like to see is the impact of abusing clutch implemented in game (blowing engine or loosing gears, for instance).

Indeed, I H&T in all cars that (I figure) would have needed it IRL. I turn on Autoclutch just for paddle shifter cars (not that it makes that big of a difference) and I turn off autoblip as well.
I am really looking forward to Reiza developing a good transmission model.
Now the next step would be a H pattern shifter with FFB.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 393 40.1%