The new physics in the FR90xx

I have been a bit hesitant to comment on the new physics - but on the FR90xx the cars have suddenly turned into something a lot more "floating" and also much more forgiving than before this upd.
Without joking these former pretty nimble and challenging cars have turned to something hovercraft-ish and sluggish.
Im not playing smart guy but this is too much "arcadish"(?) to my taste.
Yes its fun to be able to set laptimes 1-2 secs faster than before the upd - but if I wanted to drive a hovercraft I would rather buy a hovercraft game.

Am I the only one who can feel a difference?:sleep:

Hey @Alex Hodgkinson - thanks for answering.
At least you support Kimmos and my experience that also the physics of this car has been changed (drastically IMO).
To the contrary of some posters who by refering to upd notes say this car has not been changed.:whistling:

As I read Kimmos post he also tested this car with (the new) default setup - and conserning myself I tested the default setup and then tweaked it using my former experience optimizing setups.
The result was I became both faster than the new default setup and unrealistic(!) MUCH faster than I was with my optimized setup on the same tracks in the same car before this "update".:O_o:

Im still thankfull that you commented on this - but my experience with this new car is still the same as I (and Kimmo) have posted above.
Without any sarcasm I congratulate S3Studio with all the great garage and setup menu updates - but until I maybe forget the FR90xx´s and try some of the other updated cars I will keep to my judgment about this new hovercraft-FR90xx.

OK now it looks like even in Racerooms allways back slapping officiel forum cautious critics begin to speak about the same introduced physics issue as I and Kimmo are talking about.:whistling:
I'm sad to say but I don't like the way the physics are going.
() Also the newer cars feel very floaty. It's like there's a pillow under the car and it rotates on that first before actually doing what it's told.
That suits some classes but I believe that eg. Formula 90's should be more planted.

As I said I didn't change any settings
Well there's your problem right there, all control profiles dumped and a new one created and definitely don't use old setups, they won't work. The biggest change for me is FFB, I have totally different settings now than prior to the update. Apart from that I don't think I've ever heard a more positive reaction from the Sim racing world for the improvements this update has brought, so I'd be tempted to have a fiddle about with your settings, things are way different.

Well there's your problem right there()
The biggest change for me is FFB()
I don't think I've ever heard a more positive reaction from the Sim racing world ()
Why do you take Kimmos comment out of context?
And why does you blindfooled insist that this new introduced arcadish behaviour has something to do with FFB?
Because if you are able to read then its easy for you to see in my posts above that Im NOT using any FFB wheel - and Im just as critical as Kimmo about this introduced arcadish behaviour. :cool:
And furthermore beside your mandatory backslapping Raceroom support you dont give any information if you have more than superficial experience driving this newly destroyed FR90xx series.
Or any experience at all.
I have never seen your name in the LB ratings with these cars.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Your "argument":whistling: that "I've ever heard a more positive reaction from the Sim racing world" speaks for itself about your mandatory Raceroom support.
If it isnt ironic ment.:laugh:

Why do you take Kimmos comment out of context?
And why does you blindfooled insist that this new introduced arcadish behaviour has something to do with FFB?
Because if you are able to read then its easy for you to see in my posts above that Im NOT using any FFB wheel - and Im just as critical as Kimmo about this introduced arcadish behaviour. :cool:
And furthermore beside your mandatory backslapping Raceroom support you dont give any information if you have more than superficial experience driving this newly destroyed FR90xx series.
Or any experience at all.
I have never seen your name in the LB ratings with these cars.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Your "argument":whistling: that "I've ever heard a more positive reaction from the Sim racing world" speaks for itself about your mandatory Raceroom support.
If it isnt ironic ment.:laugh:
Overall the reception has been positive. I would say that's just a small correct observation really. He's entitled to say that.

Hello.

We did update this car to use the latest tyre model, and also tuned the dampers to behave more correctly.

If you're having issues with handling I believe that will be down to using an old setup which is no longer compatible as some adjustment ranges where tweaked and optimum tyre pressure behaviour has been updated.

You need to reset the car setup and start from afresh.
Alex,

There does seem to be an issue with the FR X-90 handling.

The car does, indeed, drive as if it is on a cloud with very little input felt through the wheel. I though it was the damping so I fiddled with it...no joy. I can steel the car, I can do quick laps, but I am constantly trying to find some lateral feedback as opposed to just kerb or bump feedback.

There is no twitch in the car anymore.

OK now it looks like even in Racerooms allways back slapping officiel forum cautious critics begin to speak about the same introduced physics issue as I and Kimmo are talking about.:whistling:
I'm following quite closely the s3 forum for a few weeks and didn't see this one post, can't find it using quoted search too :thumbsdown:...makes me paranoid, do you have any link so that I can see the context n be sure that's not fantasy?

Last edited:
@JeT
Just give me one good reason I should supply such an overly paranoid person with a link to a source he can find himself - if he just try a bit.
Hehe when this person furthermore in his rather misplaced paranoia does imply that this quotation is fantasy (and thereby fake).:rolleyes:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Such implying says more about you than me my friend.:whistling:
But as I faintly recall the quotation was probably from News & Announcements

@JeT
Just give me one good reason I should supply such an overly paranoid person with a link to a source he can find himself - if he just try a bit.
Hehe when this person furthermore in his rather misplaced paranoia does imply that this quotation is fantasy (and thereby fake).:rolleyes:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Such implying says more about you than me my friend.:whistling:
But as I faintly recall the quotation was probably from News & Announcements

Well, like I said, did try to find it, quite hard, including using full sentence quotes, in the search function, no luck, thus my lil asking directly to u, cos w/ this technic I'm able to find any of my past posts for exemple
As this claim about the new physics is quite opposed to the general receiving I was curious to know more about it's author and reasons. But now that I'm your friend you'll be more than happy to help me I guess.

Last edited:
Not even a single good reason.
Maybe you should seek help for your paranoia instead.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

The reason I dont believe you have tried seriously enough to find it is that it should be pretty easy for a normal intelligent person given the rather special word/sentences in my quotation.
And I can furthermore see that you to the contrary of me have access to the other forums full Search function.
Hehe because I used an inaccurate name for the moderator in the forum I was banned - and cannot use the same Search function as you - so....

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: I still cannot understand the reason I was banned. The name I used was just "Adolf".:laugh:

@JeT
It was yourself who started with the self-diagnostic psychiatric thing paranoia.:cool:
So now when I have a good time feeding your own words back it just suddenly become something negative.:sneaky:

Hehe there was a reason I told the story about our friend Adolf - because the worst thing you can say to a guy bullying you like a dictator is that his name must be yes - Adolf.:roflmao:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Have you found my quotation source? It could be fun to hear you admitting that my quotation wasnt fake. But such admitting is probably too much I guess.:whistling:

@JeT
It was yourself who started with the self-diagnostic psychiatric thing paranoia.:cool:
So now when I have a good time feeding your own words back it just suddenly become something negative.:sneaky:

Hehe there was a reason I told the story about our friend Adolf - because the worst thing you can say to a guy bullying you like a dictator is that his name must be yes - Adolf.:roflmao:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Have you found my quotation source? It could be fun to hear you admitting that my quotation wasnt fake. But such admitting is probably too much I guess.:whistling:
I can't find it to be honest and I've given it a fair look too.

Lol, I'm not the one unable to source my quotes, quite easy for you to find with the time stamp, wouldn't be surprised at all of a fake tbh, given your general attitude.
Same old paranoia song - so I will repeat my advice : Get some help :roflmao: :roflmao:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: I think you both are not searching serious enough - because I can remember that at least 3 other posters in that thread quoted the full text several times. Because as all fanboys they couldnt accept that somebody criticised their fantastic Raceroom. So if you actually does search you will be able to find it:whistling:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.4%