The new features, any information?

Hey Guys, is there any information regarding the new features in Automobilista?

For example:

1. How does the dynamic raceline work? Is it backed into the static racegroove / fastpath or is it more advanced?

2. What happens when you go off the raceline? Less grip? FFB effects? And what happens on the racing line? More grip over time? (I guess that was said somewhere...?) Do tires pickup marbles as they pickup grass n gravel?

3. Dirt-pickup. How does it work? Does it affect griplevels? Also working at dirttracks?

4. Flatspots. We know how we get them, but can we fix it? Do they wear off as the tire tread wears off? Or are they static and you need to change tires?

5. Comparison/Benefits/Information/Usage of the now build-in sweetfx plugin.

6. How does the new traction control and ABS work? Is it the same as the driving aids or is it calculated differently?

I'm sure there is more, as there are more features added than this but it would be great to understand the new features to use them properly.

1. How does the dynamic raceline work? Is it backed into the static racegroove / fastpath or is it more advanced?

More advanced I believe....it does seem completely dynamic based on my raceline and the other cars.

2. What happens when you go off the raceline? Less grip? FFB effects? And what happens on the racing line? More grip over time? (I guess that was said somewhere...?) Do tires pickup marbles as they pickup grass n gravel?#

Offline less grip and when marbles have built up MUCH less grip. Online more grip and increases over time. I haven't noticed marbles on tyres as I tend to avoid them :) Also on marbles is jittery with FFB and online is smooth and you can feel the extra grip in the wheel.

3. Dirt-pickup. How does it work? Does it affect griplevels? Also working at dirttracks?

Tyres get dusty, lose grip and works at dirt tracks yes.

4. Flatspots. We know how we get them, but can we fix it? Do they wear off as the tire tread wears off? Or are they static and you need to change tires?

Not sure on this one.

Not noticed anything really been too immersed in the racing.

6. How does the new traction control and ABS work? Is it the same as the driving aids or is it calculated differently?

Not sure.

I apologise that I can't answer all your questions. What I will say is this - the rubber build up on the racing line is incredible and makes rF2 look like something done by part timers. It is just amazing.

The graphics are not up there with pCars by any stretch, but they have an individual beauty, and cleanness that is very appealing.

I'm being honest here - I was a massive pCars fan. Bought all the content. Same for RRE. Bought all the content. I actually uninstalled both last night, there's just no point *for me* in having them on my system. Superlatives fail me in saying how good, how polished, how accurate, how detailed the racing *experience* is.

Here are a couple of videos I uploaded in cockpit view that hopefully lets you see the rubbering in :

More advanced I believe....it does seem completely dynamic based on my raceline and the other cars.

2. What happens when you go off the raceline? Less grip? FFB effects? And what happens on the racing line? More grip over time? (I guess that was said somewhere...?) Do tires pickup marbles as they pickup grass n gravel?#

Offline less grip and when marbles have built up MUCH less grip. Online more grip and increases over time. I haven't noticed marbles on tyres as I tend to avoid them :) Also on marbles is jittery with FFB and online is smooth and you can feel the extra grip in the wheel.

Tyres get dusty, lose grip and works at dirt tracks yes.

Not sure on this one.

Not noticed anything really been too immersed in the racing.

Not sure.

I apologise that I can't answer all your questions. What I will say is this - the rubber build up on the racing line is incredible and makes rF2 look like something done by part timers. It is just amazing.

The graphics are not up there with pCars by any stretch, but they have an individual beauty, and cleanness that is very appealing.

I'm being honest here - I was a massive pCars fan. Bought all the content. Same for RRE. Bought all the content. I actually uninstalled both last night, there's just no point *for me* in having them on my system. Superlatives fail me in saying how good, how polished, how accurate, how detailed the racing *experience* is.

Here are a couple of videos I uploaded in cockpit view that hopefully lets you see the rubbering in :

Great info. Actually, the only thing I'm really waiting for are the mods we were able to use with SCE :)

1 - Actually it's on a predetermined path. Which is pretty much fine for non oval tracks, where the "perfect line" doesn't have much variation.

4 - They wear off (need a bit of confirmation, but I'm almost sure)

6 - They are different from the difficulty menu ones, but don't know how.

Good Info. Thank you guys.

to Heitor:
1. Predetermined path is good - until you drive a complete different line which is sometimes a lot faster in some places then the AI line... hmm.

4. If that is the case, this would be superb!

Hopefully Renato or Niels come past this thread and say something about it. Would be really appreciated.

1. Track condition, rubber lines seems to be scripted, In my case Im not happy with that, because Im running different line in few corners, for example RedBull Ring.. Slightly different but make it harder and forcing me to drive predicted lines :(

1. Track condition, rubber lines seems to be scripted, In my case Im not happy with that, because Im running different line in few corners, for example RedBull Ring.. Slightly different but make it harder and forcing me to drive predicted lines :(

A single car has little effect on the rubbering of the racing line though. You may use a different line, but if the whole grid is using something that is sensible (and the predetermined racing line is fairly wide to account for most sensible lines), creative lines won´t pay off, as it generally wouldnt in real life.

For example:

2. What happens when you go off the raceline? Less grip? FFB effects? And what happens on the racing line? More grip over time? (I guess that was said somewhere...?) Do tires pickup marbles as they pickup grass n gravel?

I'm sure there is more, as there are more features added than this but it would be great to understand the new features to use them properly.

1- Predetermined. For road tracks, the conditions improve based on the number of cars circulating the track, but also as a function of the track characteristics, tire compounds and loads (so a race of F-Vees with very hard street tires will have little effect in rubbering the track, while a full grid of GP cars running supersoft tires will rubber it up fairly quickly).

As the grip on the racing line builds up with the extra rubber, condition off the line deteriorate with the build-up of marbles. Surfaces also have an abrasiveness factor, which may lead to both the rubber on the racing line as well as the marbles off the line building up slower or faster (also impacts tire heating & wear). Different tracks also have different grip ranges. Brasilia for instance is fairly abrasive, hard on tires but grippier than the low grip, smooth and fairly dusty roads of Montreal.

For dirt tracks its a bit more elaborate, as the track gets cleaner and smoother, while the edges build up resistance. Every surface has a variety of properties that evolve dynamically based on car interaction.

Right now the track progression is not cumulative - it resets to your selected preset every time you advance sessions. It will become cumulative over the race weekend (with some deterioation between sessions) before we´re through Early Access stage.

2- Some of it already answered above; offline gets progressively less grip as marbles build up, and you can feel the rubbish in the wheel as you run over it (the more marbles, the more you feel it).

There is not pickup of marbles on the tires (yet).

3- It does affect tire grip, and its linked to the visual representation (ie, when you see the tires have cleaned off, it means your tire is back to normal). Also works on dirt tracks.

4- Flatspots do grow in severity the more you lock up, and round up again as the tire wears off (so long as you don´t keep locking up). Again different tires have different properties - you can ruin a supersoft tire terminally with a bad lock-up, but a street tire will hardly produce a perceptible flatspot.

5- SweetFX effects as we have them are very subtle - just some gamma correction and extra contrast. Easy enough to switch it on and off to check the difference. You can tune them from the SweetFX files (we might offer different filter settings later on).

6- Basically the same as the regular gameplay driving aids, though they have different properties for different cars.

And how does the boost work?
I´ve tried it in an offline race but i can´t feel the boost.
I see the time when i used it but no more power.

Only the StockV8s have a boost / P2P setting. The countdown message displayed when activating it with a car that does not have it is redundant. P2P options and variables are being developed along with a completely new turbo model, to be completed during early access.

Thank you Renato. Impressive that you guys managed to do all this to the gmotor engine. I say the good stuff overcomes the little flaws.

I really like the fact that flatspots can be cured with enough laps put into the tire and I can life with the fact that the dynamic track progression is "canned" in its line as long as there is enough room for different lines.

It all sound as I expected it with some clever thinking behind it plus a bit more.

Again thank you for taking the time to answere my questions and thank you for providing such a great title.

I already love the new surroundings like menus and huds and the extra detail in the wheel. Heck I even love the new birds flying around and the sounds in general. It is missing some reverb which I add via the soundcard manually atm.

I'm sure I will have a lot of fun with Automobilista this year. Thanks!

For example:

I made a quick timelapse showcasing the dynamic raceline rubbering.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back