The NEW "code" details?

Msportdan

@Simberia
Reiza you have mentioned several times, that your in the process of writing new code for GSC. What exactly will this mean for us? Will it bring more features or just a smoother experience ?

Interested to know what the future holds for GSC, and how far you want to take GSC before you work on a sequel.

Dan

afaik, based on information released thus far, it should at least include:

- automatic wheel rotation settings for different car categories
- tire flatspotting and dirt pickup
- visible wing flex
- the return of f1 qualifying rules

again, no confirmation from Reiza that these are going to be included, but they've referenced working on these before.

I would just like to have some basic things fixed, like championship scoring and correct sessions transition, starting grid position fixed in single events and so on, which are all things corrupted by the current re-working in process. I understand it's no easy task but it's ongoing from 18 months already, at least from when they first told us they were working on it, and right now I am growing impatient, not to have the new features included but the core glitch and bugs fixed. Love you @Reiza Studios but I think we waited long enough to have the core fixed. As I said, I have no hurry for the new features, I understand

They are all related, as the championship bug was introduced by code modifications in v1.20 (8 months ago rather than 18, but yeah long enough).

Adding features by code injection like we have been doing has unfortunately proved problematic for several reasons .We´re looking at another, more reliable path of development now but either way it will take some time.

The impatience with the championship scoring bug is understandable, at this stage though we can´t really fix it without removing features that have been added, and that is bound to annoy a lot of other people.

What we could do on the short term is release an alternative exe based on v1.15 code - this would have no DRS, 8th gear and no tyre compound rules for the F-Extreme along with some other details, but it would have working championship scoring, and the ability to set grid position manually in quick races. Far from an elegant solution, but it´s something we could deliver to get people by until we actually solve all the issues. Would this be of interest for the offline racers?

What we could do on the short term is release an alternative exe based on v1.15 code - this would have no DRS, 8th gear and no tyre compound rules for the F-Extreme along with some other details, but it would have working championship scoring, and the ability to set grid position manually in quick races. Far from an elegant solution, but it´s something we could deliver to get people by until we actually solve all the issues. Would this be of interest for the offline racers?

I don't speak for everyone, but that would definitely be of interest to me. :thumbsup:

I do not agree with the option of a downgrade. I hope the appropriate solution while maintaining the great updates to the latest version. I can live with a separate spreadsheet and understand the difficulty that guys Reiza have to fix this, but what worries me is the reflection of this in people who are looking for this "sim".

I may be talking more as a Software Developer and not as a sim-racer but I would rather Reiza fix things properly rather than giving us "short-term workarounds" which are bound to give them extra work and possibly creating extra issues/bugs.

It may take a little longer and be annoying for us but Reiza are better off in getting things fixed the right way instead of the wrong way

I may be talking more as a Software Developer and not as a sim-racer but I would rather Reiza fix things properly rather than giving us "short-term workarounds" which are bound to give them extra work and possibly creating extra issues/bugs.

It may take a little longer and be annoying for us but Reiza are better off in getting things fixed the right way instead of the wrong way

I think all of us would prefer that, but it sounds like the proper fix is going to be some ways away. In the meantime, if there was a way I could do a championship without worrying about bugs I would happily accept that as a temporary band-aid so I can start enjoying that part of the sim.

I agree with Warren. As I said, I really would like to have certain core problems fixed but a downgrade would only make the situation worse and create new and unpredictable questions (not only with the sim). I thought the situation was less complicated, but knowing that now, I prefer to wait until a proper solution is found to add all features and correct all bugs.
@Reiza Studios do you think that buying the source code is a doable thing? Even if it requires opening a support campaign. You said in the past that having it would help greatly, and I understand why. Together we probably can make it, if the code is sellable in the first place.

Dedicating resources to developing an external tool as a stopgap makes little sense at this stage.

I think everyone would agree that the only right way to do it is to get the code fixed, anything before it would be a compromise / temporary solution

Delivering an alternative exe is not a whole lot of work, and it´s not a complete downgrade - ie you would not be going back all developments made since v1.15, but some specific features. It would require some testing to be sure but other than F-Extreme related features and some relatively minor details, it would still play and run just as v1.31.

If there is enough interest, we could try put something together for you guys to have a play and work it out individually whether it is of any value.

Personally I am happy to wait while Reiza work on the full solution, but it is certainly great support & a good offer by them. I am using an external championship creator in the meantime, and still thoroughly enjoying the sim as it is, and let's not forget, we still keep seeing some fantastic extras being handed to us, such as the recent Metalmoro, Bologna, karts and more.
So whilst I would really like to see the updates & fixes to the qualifying/tyres/championship, there is still plenty to enjoy for now :)

Dedicating resources to developing an external tool as a stopgap makes little sense at this stage.

I think everyone would agree that the only right way to do it is to get the code fixed, anything before it would be a compromise / temporary solution

Delivering an alternative exe is not a whole lot of work, and it´s not a complete downgrade - ie you would not be going back all developments made since v1.15, but some specific features. It would require some testing to be sure but other than F-Extreme related features and some relatively minor details, it would still play and run just as v1.31.

If there is enough interest, we could try put something together for you guys to have a play and work it out individually whether it is of any value.

Regardless of the outcome, I think it's pretty awesome that you guys communicate with us about these things and offer solutions. Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the reply Reiza.

If it was a separate .exe, then is there anything to stop us keeping both and just switching between them when we want a: or b: experience?

Personally, as a SP player only, I've been really hankering for working championships, so yeah I'd love to have the option of using it. But totally agree, it shouldn't be at the cost of other features/enhancements that others enjoy, however if we have the option of both, then everyone wins. :)

I believe (needs to be tested to be sure) in a NonSteam install you could rename the exe and have both together in the same installation, giving you the option to run either of the two.

For a Steam install you can´t change the exe name, so you´d have to backup & switch everytime.

Hi, Reiza. I would personally rather wait for the permanent fix, as well, but iirc, Steam does have a beta tool to which users can sign up to and receive an alternate version of the game (I've seen it being used in Dayz, if I'm not mistaken, tho I never signed up to the beta). It could be a solution for people who really must have the fixed version immediately and are not bothered by the rollbacks in other parts of the game.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back