The New Audi R8 LMS GT2 Revealed

I fully agree with your observations on the future of sportscar racing. However, since the Hypercars can be based on road cars and Super GT / DTM machinery alludes to road cars I counted them as "GT" in the broadest of terms. As a matter of fact, given LMP1-H, LMP1-L, LMP2, DPi, LMP3, sportscar racing in general is a bit of a (class) mess.

Yep - road car doesn't automatically mean GT though, DTM are nominally touring cars! they haven't been touring cars since about 1993. There have been a few conversions from racing prototypes to road cars in the past, going the other way is a reasonable step when often top-end road cars have more technology than race cars.

Closed-top racing in general is a bit of a mess - GT4 can barely run away from TCR cars ( not through any fault of GT4 cars, they're deliberately limited that way ) and TCR aren't even the quickest touring cars we have. LMP2 is going to have to be pegged back to not embarrass "hypercar", which leaves it not that much ahead of GTE and also uncomfortably near the currently-being-boosted LMP3.

Literally none of them race on their own merits thanks to BoP and the need not to overrun the class in front. The nearest thing we have to something performing to it's best is LMP1 privateer now the ACO finally stopped fiddling with them, and there's hardly any left anymore & this is the final season.

Literally none of them race on their own merits thanks to BoP and the need not to overrun the class in front. The nearest thing we have to something performing to it's best is LMP1 privateer now the ACO finally stopped fiddling with them, and there's hardly any left anymore & this is the final season.

Don't get me started on BoP... To me, it is the death of the sport.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back