Cars The Need For Speed

Ok guys, Porsche is out so go ahead and grab it:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/nfs-tournament-class-b.20228/
View attachment 327817

For me, this concludes over 2 years of work on and off. It couldn't be made possible in that time frame if it wasn't for the help of @Some1 and his beautiful Corvette ZR-1 and Acura NSX, and of course, all the people who helped along this project (hopefully all credited in the respective post!) and the support through this thread.
Hope you all enjoy the cars and we'll keep this open for any future updates, tracks or whatever comes up related to the subject.

Hat‘s off to you Sir and your collaborators! Much appreciated and absolutely stunning speed and quality and needless to say the passion for each of these cars is evident in the modeling both visually as well as physics wise. Will never forget the Easter egg behind the Diablo‘s driver seat, the swinging key of the 512 and countless other details.

Rock on and where can I donate? Or would buying RSS pack help?

PS: Genuinely looking forward to the 993 turbo which would be my favorite car of all of them even though it’s the star of NFS Porsche and not the original :).

Ok, so i took the Corvette out for a spin, apart from the sound ( which seems to sound significantly more raw than the 4 cam 32 valve 350 ) the car drives very much like a real one.

Curious question though, what did you make the steering rack ratio??? Seems a little on the high side?

Ok, so i took the Corvette out for a spin, apart from the sound ( which seems to sound significantly more raw than the 4 cam 32 valve 350 ) the car drives very much like a real one.
Tip: Only the new 993s come with custom sounds in the Class B pack (NSX has them too), the ZR1 is using the KS C7 samples. In the sound downloads section you can find a custom set made for this car. link
You'll also be able to find sounds for the Viper, 512TR and Jota on RD. Unfortunately only the VT is missing a well deserved set.

Last edited:
Can't check it now, but that ZR-1 soundbank has the potential issue of using Tatuus guids; because Modek's NSX's soundbanks also have the same problem (even within itself on the S1 vs the other similar 3) it'll cause a conflict with a ZR-1 and a NSX on track (one car will sound like the other). OTH, Amplified's other Viper bank doesn't suffer from that issue.

(I'll report it on its own thread)

Edit:
Huh... I wonder why I didn't include it in the mod itself... :O_o::confused::unsure:
After going back to that thread, it was probably because of those pending fixes.

Last edited:
Tip: Only the new 993s come with custom sounds in the Class B pack (NSX has them too), the ZR1 is using the KS C7 samples. In the sound downloads section you can find a custom set made for this car. link
You'll also be able to find sounds for the Viper, 512TR and Jota on RD. Unfortunately only the VT is missing a well deserved set.

Thanks mate ;)

Thought it sounded totally different!

And the steering rack ratio? The Zeds used the 13:1 ratio from memory, the same as the Z51 optioned L98 Corvette.

I have the 13.0 ratio, 2.0-turn rack implemented in my current files, max steering deflection is about where it ought to be and the turning circle looks pretty good. I think it's sorted.

I have the 13.0 ratio, 2.0-turn rack implemented in my current files, max steering deflection is about where it ought to be and the turning circle looks pretty good. I think it's sorted.

Ok no worries, i dont remember how many turns lock to lock in my 87 non Z51, but my 94 was a little under 2 turns lock to lock. The rack in it was obviously from a different car though due to the RHD mirror conversion.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 236 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 164 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.1%