Cars The Need For Speed

I downloaded Blender and the files above.
Unzipped City Segment 1, imported - It was exciting to see a curvy line. I thought maybe I was onto something. I could highlight and make it yellow, zoom in and out, move the line around, but it didn't seem to match the map birdseye picture? Weird. Later on I went to import again but nothing appears on the page? I'm at a loss why something appeared then later on, nothing..?

Don't worry viewers - I'm not going to drag this excellent NFS discussion down to rock bottom when we're lucky to Pros like A3DR and others about.

I love the image with the ZR1 at Alpine. I'm glad it worked for you :)
These files worked for me only in blender, not sure why... I can upload them in different format, if it's needed.
Maybe any moderator will cut NFS tracks discussion to the seperate thread?

These files worked for me only in blender, not sure why... I can upload them in different format, if it's needed.
No need to, after releasing the 993 I'm done with this project anyway.

Last bit of OT: I imported the OBJ in Blender and exported as FBX and imported the FBX in 3DS Max and worked from that.

But.. but.. will you release updates and fixes, if necessary? :unsure:
Sure but the cars have their own thread at the downloads section, the rest of this one can be closed or left open for tracks discussion if needed, I don't mind. With the 993 that's it for the cars in this pack.
Screenshot_a3dr_porsche_993_c2_la_canyons_29-9-119-4-57-28.jpg

The thing is that there isn't probably any NFS (before Underground ricer era) with totally appropiate tracks for a sim. All feature big jumps and crazy banking.

I've only played High Stakes and Porsche (both PSX versions), but it seems the one with the smoothest tracks is NFS Porsche (PSX), followed closely by High Stakes and Hot Pursuit (PC and PSX versions look very similar), then Porsche for PC and Hot Pursuit 2 and at last, TNFS and NFS2.

Don't worry viewers - I'm not going to drag this excellent NFS discussion down to rock bottom when we're lucky to Pros like A3DR and others about.

If you're going to be making a scratch track model based on the original as a guide, nothing wrong with that at all, and I'd love to see the progress. :thumbsup:

I recently watched a lot of gameplay videos of old NFS tracks, I agree with @SlimCharles in that almost every track features at least one signature jump that would be insane in AC.

My favourite track to materialize in AC would be Dolphin cove from High Stakes, the elevation changes shouldn't be too extreme for the most part and the layout is quite interesting in my opinion.

Tomorrow's the day so make yourself comfortable

View attachment 327651

Different colour interior too... you have been busy!

Yes, very much looking forward to trying your 993 out. :)

We knew the physics had already been worked out a long time ago. Then we knew it was beautiful to look at inside and out several weeks ago. For me, one of most interesting things will be how it sounds. Its probably the thing I like most about air cooled 911's.

Thanks to all that have worked on this wonderful project.

I just found this, and as someone that formerly owned 2 C4 Corvettes i am VERY excited about getting into this in VR!!

Because im in Australia my Corvettes both had to be converted to right hand drive ( although i had driven a number of C4s as lefties as well )

Id love to see someone do a mirror conversion using the 1994/95 interior, i can provide you with photos of the interior ( from my own car, when i owned it ) as it wasnt just a complete mirror swap ( cup holder and shifter didnt change places on either of mine, but i have driven one that was moved )

Another thing id love to see added is the 84-89 C4 Corvette, essentially the suspension from 88-96 was the same, even on the ZR1, 84-87 were only very slightly different in their suspension with most parts actually being the same.

CORVETTE_KCL98_026.JPG CORVETTE_KCL98_037.JPG

Ok guys, Porsche is out so go ahead and grab it:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/nfs-tournament-class-b.20228/

Screenshot_a3dr_viper_rt10_feldberg_1-10-119-7-34-42.jpg

For me, this concludes over 2 years of work on and off. It couldn't be made possible in that time frame if it wasn't for the help of @Some1 and his beautiful Corvette ZR-1 and Acura NSX, and of course, all the people who helped along this project (hopefully all credited in the respective post!) and the support through this thread.
Hope you all enjoy the cars and we'll keep this open for any future updates, tracks or whatever comes up related to the subject.

I just want to say thank you very much to all the guys that have participated in this project. It's a dream to be able to relive the TNFS experience in AC with awesome models and physics.

I'm very nostalgic of the 80s and 90s. For me those were the best cars, and this collection you've created, specially the wonderfull 512TR and the C4 ZR1, is awesome.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 350 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 484 39.0%