Cars The Need For Speed

In meantime, enyoing the good stuff that is there already :)

Raw screenshots, some aliasing as welll, sorry...

Fast vs faster
0ZusiZ.jpg

Tough challenge incoming...
iAR5F1.jpg

Tough match indeed...
KZV34p.jpg

xgWEov.jpg

As a kid there was this one time my dad came home from working abroad and brought me a model of my favorite car, the Dodge Viper RT10. I just saw this mod today and immediately downloaded it and tried it with the Oculus Rift. to put it in one word... INCREDIBLE. It was as close to driving the real car as I can get. Unbelievable experience! Job well done!

Nothing will ever top this 1990 Chevrolet NSX!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::roflmao: The horror, the horror, the horror....

https://jalopnik.com/this-mystery-supercar-thing-has-stumped-the-internets-g-1825222262

Someone brought up the 1990 CERV III in that article..... :geek::geek::geek:
1990_Chevrolet_CorvetteCERVIIIConcept1.jpg

So had to fire up the ol' Time Machine™ again to load Test Drive 3 and appreciate this beauty in all it's very, very low polygon goodness :giggle:
IMG_20180416_111512.jpg

At least the presentation images and in-car view were pretty decent for the time
IMG_20180416_111500.jpg

test-drive-iii:-the-passion-1.jpg

That brought back some good memories, no doubt it'll be awesome to have it in AC :D

At the time I was a greater fan of the Mythos, even got the 1:18 Revell back in the day.

I had that one too! Very cool looking vehicle :D

There's always this...

MgeMxKa.jpg

They did love the round and super flat shape back then, GM, Ferrari, Italdesign, Mercedes did it with the C111. Somehow that never made it to production supercars they went straight from classic to stealth fighter edgy.

I remember that from NFS2, will this thread get a sequel as well? ;)

My favourite at the time was the Italdesign / Lamborghini Cala, but looking at that C2 now, I think that has aged far better!

car_photo_558460.jpg

Am i the only one, who dont understand that drivetrain-configuration ? :rolleyes:
Is it a 2-speed or 3-speed, or do you add the numbers, so its actually a five-geared gearbox ? :sneaky:

Drivetrain: 3-speed turbo hydramatic 2-speed gearbox with AWD.

Am i the only one, who dont understand that drivetrain-configuration ? :rolleyes:
Is it a 2-speed or 3-speed, or do you add the numbers, so its actually a five-geared gearbox ? :sneaky:
It's a 3 speed auto with an overdrive unit attached to the back so it has 6 possible ratios. (also 2 reverse speeds)

I'm gonna be honest and say by experience I've hit 140+mph in my c4 and it felt like i was going 60-70. Don't let the ugmo deceive you, it's a sports car engineered for high speed driving. And no I'm not bragging about my car being fast, more I'm stating that it's better than you think AT going fast. As far as comparing it to a monaro.. have you seen how big a monaro is compared to a c4?

Downforce helps a lot with that as well. I know 70 on the highway in my 2004 Viper feels like you're cruising around town. Doing 70 in my 67 Dart is a whole new experience. The Viper actually has some downforce at speed, even without a wing, so it feels rock solid and stable on the highway. Most cars will actually generate lift at higher speeds, so that's on reason they tend to feel less stable.

...I know 70 on the highway in my 2004 Viper feels like you're cruising around town. Doing 70 in my 67 Dart is a whole new experience. The Viper actually has some downforce at speed, even without a wing, so it feels rock solid and stable on the highway. Most cars will actually generate lift at higher speeds, so that's on reason they tend to feel less stable.
I'm sure most everybody here has probably heard the story about the evolution of the famous Lamborghini Countach rear wing...If you haven't, I cued up the video to start exactly when Harry Metcalf begins discussing the rear wing origins. I highly recommend watching all ~24min of this video. Harry does a superb job detailing the history of Lamborghini's.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 239 14.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.0%