Cars The Need For Speed

Every dash is a nightmare to model as there aren't any kind of blueprints for that, except if we get a CAD model to help. That looks like it's coming along very well!
Blueprints are one thing. The design of the dash is another. If it has lots of details, weird angles, panels that don't quite fit together, then its really bad to model it. :D

They must've had fun designing this :roflmao:

Must have been the same drugs taken by the designers as the one that did the E31. It is quite similar...

xcOyGI2.png

Put that vents and instrument cluster cover on it and it's almost the same only less cockpit like and different angle.

That said, @Some1 your panel gaps and general shape and line flow look extremely accurate from my recollection of riding in the C4!

While I'm holding out for the day somone does an early c4 mod (or a pack like the corvette meeting mod in GTR2) I have to say the zr-1 never came with the early interior.
My parents had a C4 Vette with the digital dash...I was a teen back then so I thought that digital tachometer was the greatest thing ever. :)

>speedo stops at 85..
>keeps going :sneaky:
That reminds me the story of the 254-MPH Sledgehammer Corvette, which has the same dash and when it reached the top speed, they said: "Even the digital speedometer read to 255 mph, the highest number you can generate with an 8-bit microprocessor. (Ironically, when the car reached its ultimate top speed, the speedo pegged and began counting down!)" :)

I wonder if that's like how when you watch film of a spinning wheel, once it hits a multiple of the framerate it stops again. Just too fast for whatever sensor to comprehend.

I wonder if that's like how when you watch film of a spinning wheel, once it hits a multiple of the framerate it stops again. Just too fast for whatever sensor to comprehend.

Can you just imagine the sheer awesomeness of that speed in a C4? I actually think it would be much more stable and relaxed than the speed would have you belief as the chassis of the C4 and low drag coefficient make it a very comfy high speed long distance cruiser - dare I say GT car :)

Would be epic to have video footage of one of these runs!!

Can you just imagine the sheer awesomeness of that speed in a C4? I actually think it would be much more stable and relaxed than the speed would have you belief as the chassis of the C4 and low drag coefficient make it a very comfy high speed long distance cruiser - dare I say GT car :)

Would be epic to have video footage of one of these runs!!

I'd be surprised if it was relaxed to be honest, the C4 is a relatively light car and not exactly supremely insulated (like say an S class Mercedes or a Veyron). My Monaro is a pretty heavy car in comparison and fairly well insulated, and at 150mph (fastest I've been in it) it was far from relaxing!

I'm gonna be honest and say by experience I've hit 140+mph in my c4 and it felt like i was going 60-70. Don't let the ugmo deceive you, it's a sports car engineered for high speed driving. And no I'm not bragging about my car being fast, more I'm stating that it's better than you think AT going fast. As far as comparing it to a monaro.. have you seen how big a monaro is compared to a c4?

I'm gonna be honest and say by experience I've hit 140+mph in my c4 and it felt like i was going 60-70. Don't let the ugmo deceive you, it's a sports car engineered for high speed driving. And no I'm not bragging about my car being fast, more I'm stating that it's better than you think AT going fast. As far as comparing it to a monaro.. have you seen how big a monaro is compared to a c4?

Oh believe me I appreciate a Corvette is a sports car, I don't believe everything Top Gear tells me :) It was precisely because the Monaro is a fat heavy lump aimed at cruising and categorically not a sports car compared to a C4 that inspired my point, as one would imagine the extra bulk / focus on comfort would make it relatively relaxed at speed.

To clarify, I was simply stating that I didn't think a C4 would feel relaxed at 254mph, as realistically it just doesn't have the same level of refinement as, say, a Veyron. And it doesn't need it, that's not a bad point against the car or anything, I just think that 254mph is SERIOUSLY fast, and unless something was engineered with stability at those sorts of speeds in mind, you're going to be pushing it far outside of its design brief and typically cars don't feel relaxed when pushed like that (which again, isn't a bad thing, it's very much what makes it exciting!)

EDIT:
Anyway sorry, this is way off topic. I look forward to getting the C4 in game, it's going to be a great field of cars when the pack is complete :D

Got the final physics yesterday from Jason, not only for the Carrera, but also the Carrera 4 and Turbo, so this one will be packed :geek:
We should donate for some Cocaine for Jason so he is able to create proper physics for the GT2 as well :p:D

For everyone who understands German here's the great 993 Turbo guide from NFS 4 (with Egon Hoegen's voice :inlove:)
Here's the English version as well

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back