• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Cars The Need For Speed

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Modding Discussions' started by A3DR, Apr 5, 2017.

1. ukzz4iroc

ukzz4iroc

Ratings:
    +13
    Thanks so much everyone- you are the best!

• Beer Beer x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. stingray_SIX_TWO

stingray_SIX_TWO

Ratings:
    +1,071
    Hat‘s off to you Sir and your collaborators! Much appreciated and absolutely stunning speed and quality and needless to say the passion for each of these cars is evident in the modeling both visually as well as physics wise. Will never forget the Easter egg behind the Diablo‘s driver seat, the swinging key of the 512 and countless other details.

Rock on and where can I donate? Or would buying RSS pack help?

PS: Genuinely looking forward to the 993 turbo which would be my favorite car of all of them even though it’s the star of NFS Porsche and not the original :).

• Love Love x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  3. Gevatter

Gevatter
    The James May of Simracing Premium

Ratings:
    +300
    Donation link is at the bottom of the download page.

4. Horse 8.6

Horse 8.6

Ratings:
    +2
    Ok, so i took the Corvette out for a spin, apart from the sound ( which seems to sound significantly more raw than the 4 cam 32 valve 350 ) the car drives very much like a real one.

Curious question though, what did you make the steering rack ratio??? Seems a little on the high side?

5. AlleyViper

AlleyViper

Ratings:
    +401
    Tip: Only the new 993s come with custom sounds in the Class B pack (NSX has them too), the ZR1 is using the KS C7 samples. In the sound downloads section you can find a custom set made for this car. link
    You'll also be able to find sounds for the Viper, 512TR and Jota on RD. Unfortunately only the VT is missing a well deserved set.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  6. Some1

Some1

Ratings:
    +633
    Huh... I wonder why I didn't include it in the mod itself... :O_o::confused::unsure:

7. Kyuubeey

Kyuubeey

Ratings:
    +695
    To be completely fair and honest everything considered, there's some audio anomalies in that soundpack IIRC. Popping or something. Put me off from using it.

8. AlleyViper

AlleyViper

Ratings:
    +401
    Can't check it now, but that ZR-1 soundbank has the potential issue of using Tatuus guids; because Modek's NSX's soundbanks also have the same problem (even within itself on the S1 vs the other similar 3) it'll cause a conflict with a ZR-1 and a NSX on track (one car will sound like the other). OTH, Amplified's other Viper bank doesn't suffer from that issue.

(I'll report it on its own thread)

Edit:
    After going back to that thread, it was probably because of those pending fixes.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  9. Horse 8.6

Horse 8.6

Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks mate ;)

Thought it sounded totally different!

And the steering rack ratio? The Zeds used the 13:1 ratio from memory, the same as the Z51 optioned L98 Corvette.

10. aphidgod

aphidgod

Ratings:
    +1,726
    I have the 13.0 ratio, 2.0-turn rack implemented in my current files, max steering deflection is about where it ought to be and the turning circle looks pretty good. I think it's sorted.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Tom Blackett

Tom Blackett

Ratings:
    +164
    Many tks. The car is a right masterpiece. Thankyou fellas.

• Beer Beer x 1
  12. Horse 8.6

Horse 8.6

Ratings:
    +2
    Ok no worries, i dont remember how many turns lock to lock in my 87 non Z51, but my 94 was a little under 2 turns lock to lock. The rack in it was obviously from a different car though due to the RHD mirror conversion.

13. leon_90

leon_90
    Columnist for RaceDepartment Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,137
    Not exactly the car included in this project, but still a nice video to watch (who knew about the electrically sliding seat belts?? :confused::confused:)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Incar956

Incar956

Ratings:
    +50

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  15. A3DR

A3DR
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5,456
    You might want to check this one out...

• Love Love x 19
    • Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  16. Some1

Some1

Ratings:
    +633
    :O_o::cool::thumbsup:

17. Abgefahren

Abgefahren

Ratings:
    +28
    This is my little tribute to your TNFS-Mod. Not as high quality as the Cinematic Chase above (because how crazy freaking awesome is that video!), also it's in german but I hope you like it :)

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 6
    • Beer Beer x 1
  18. Leonardo Ratafiá

Leonardo Ratafiá
    Premium

Ratings:
    +954
    could've used Okayama which is much better quality than Tsukuba but great video anyways!
    I understand Tsukuba is the iconic place to do these races but they have raced also on Fuji as well

• Like Like x 1
  19. aphidgod

aphidgod

Ratings:
    +1,726
    Wouldn't be a great Hot Version tribute if he'd used the wrong track.

At least it's not just modders who get the "cool, but it should be this instead" treatment around here. ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Beer Beer x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.