Cars The Need For Speed

It's difficult for me to comprehend what's wrong on ripping off a game of 25 years ago. EA Canada doesn't even exist. And no, that's not the same NFS of nowadays. 4 different developers had their hands in the game since. And claiming it's the same NFS saga it's saying NFS Heat it's the same as TNFS. Like saying soccer and american football are the same thing.

It's ilegal to post the tracks here, but I don't know what's wrong on describing how to get them. The last time this was asked to moderators, it seems it was allowed to describe the process but not to post the tracks.

The situation on ripped content is a confusing one. People state that RD does not allow ripped content, which is a fine stance to make, however there are literally dozens of mods which feature either unaltered files or slight adjusted files from developers uploaded here for consumption. So for some reason uploading adjusted physics mods is not allowed, but uploading a mod track which features objects and textures from another game is allowed.

Some car mods feature unaltered Kunos FBANK sounds for download, what is the stance on that?

RF2 is a game built on ripped content, how quickly after Nords was released on AC did it get ripped and converted to RF2?

Kunos has always allowed their soundbanks to be used like that. We were quite open about it even back in the old official forum days. Never an objection. (Same with their tire files.)

People state that RD does not allow ripped content, which is a fine stance to make, however there are literally dozens of mods which feature either unaltered files or slight adjusted files from developers uploaded here for consumption.
MODs only act on those if somebody reports them. So if you object to those mods being hosted here and can prove they are rips or contain objects used without permission of the original creator, click report.

Did you update the rear-lights? it looks amazing now.
Not really, except for minor texture adjustments they're the same as my earlier posts.

Screenshot_2.jpg

And indeed... the road surface is pretty wild for AC. You get airborne too easily.
Still, I think that it would be feasible to create the track from scratch based on the layout of the original TNFS track and then smooth out problematic areas... And in real life, you probably wouldn't drive along these kinds of roads with full speed anyway.
And if we have traffic, it would add some more challenge.

Take a look. All 9 non-circuit tracks from NFS1 in OBJ format.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZE7FXcXr3n82dWk9CdZZA5QMb-HnJ_5t/view?usp=sharing
Note that all tracks is WIP, especially 3D objects and it's textures. al1 means Alpine track, 1st segment, cy1 - City, cl1 - Coastal. All tracks have corrupted last block, just delete some polys and everything will be fine!
How to use: import all obj files from specific folder to blender and setup sun lighting.
Virtrdobj.obj - virtual road for the engine (not visible in the game)
Horizon.obj - simple skybox, only for fun.
Fence.obj - All fences in track.
Objects.obj - All flat and two-sided objects.
Scenery.obj - All surroundings.
Object3D - WIP tunnels, lighthouse in cl3 track and so on.

I'm also working on extracing 3DO version tracks.

I downloaded Blender and the files above.
Unzipped City Segment 1, imported - It was exciting to see a curvy line. I thought maybe I was onto something. I could highlight and make it yellow, zoom in and out, move the line around, but it didn't seem to match the map birdseye picture? Weird. Later on I went to import again but nothing appears on the page? I'm at a loss why something appeared then later on, nothing..?

Don't worry viewers - I'm not going to drag this excellent NFS discussion down to rock bottom when we're lucky to have Pros like A3DR and others about.
I love the image with the ZR1 at Alpine. I'm glad it worked for you :)

Last edited:
I downloaded Blender and the files above.
Unzipped City Segment 1, imported - It was exciting to see a curvy line. I thought maybe I was onto something. I could highlight and make it yellow, zoom in and out, move the line around, but it didn't seem to match the map birdseye picture? Weird. Later on I went to import again but nothing appears on the page? I'm at a loss why something appeared then later on, nothing..?
OBJ files didn't work for me either, so I don't know what's up with that. Not that I could've done anything with them anyway.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 493 39.3%