The MP4-12C

The most anticipated car in build 0.3 gained a bit of a mixed reaction over at the official AC forums.

Here are some "quick" times to shoot for:
1:53.9xx at Imola with Semislicks & the default setup, third lap ever in that combo.
1:18.888 at Magione with Semislicks & the default setup, fifth lap ever in that combo.

McLaren stuffed it with a bunch of fancy electronic aids that default to "On." Don't turn them off and then complain the car is too hard to drive or slides too much.

My biggest complaint is that the car seems 10x better than the 458 Italia in all aspects, giving me almost no reason to drive the 458 if online were to become available today. Is the MP4-12c truly leaps and bounds ahead of the 458 in real life, or are the 458's physics still heavily WIP?

Demo lap for those struggling with the car:

And the current world record (sorry stabiz):
yprLk1w.jpg

I find the 458 more enjoyable. The fast gear changes, rear end, and the sound is better (Not to mention it's much better looking!)

Even if the Mclaren is fundamentally faster, I'd still take the Ferrari.

To me, it feels like Kunos have really accurately replicated the way Top Gear feel about the two: the Mclaren is a great car, but the Ferrari just a bit more special.

I find the 458 more enjoyable. The fast gear changes, rear end, and the sound is better (Not to mention it's much better looking!)

Even if the Mclaren is fundamentally faster, I'd still take the Ferrari.

To me, it feels like Kunos have really accurately replicated the way Top Gear feel about the two: the Mclaren is a great car, but the Ferrari just a bit more special.

I feel differently, i would prefer to buy the ferrari in real life if i could, but in the sim the 12C feels , and it is, an improved 458. It gives me a feeling of a german ferrari if you know what i mean. Not to mention its a lot faster.

I wrote about it million times... The Mp4-12c from AC is in the newest iteration of this car which means - tweaked/reprogrammed systems and more power. All old McLarens Mp4-12c are allowed to get those modifications which is a nice move from McLaren.
It's much more refined car now then when it went on sale. The mp4-12c from beginning of production was just a little bit slower than 458 on track (or sometimes just a little bit faster).
Now it is surely faster than 458 Italia and fair opponent to it is Ferrari's newest 458 Special with -90kg, 600hp and many other upgrades.

I've been having fun with the McLaren for the past day. I don't really get what people meant by being fastest with smooth driving. I've been around the Silverstone GP and Magione (where I hold WR currently), and I got around the fastest by sliding the car on 4 wheels most of the time. I know there is a lot more to exploit in those laps, but I can't imagine being faster on Magione with a fully gripped, no slipping and totally smooth run. I just feel like it asks for some 4 wheel drifts. Also, the slides are really catchable and I didn't feel confused by that so called open diff, that others mentioned. It just drives like anything else, a bit more challenging though.

The MP4 is a particular car. It demands to be driven as intended by its engineers.
Hi, can you tell us which of the systems on the real car are modelled in AC at this stage, please? In particular I'm interested in the ProActive chassis control and the 'brake steer system'. How does the 12C's Brake Steer system compare to the 458's E-Diff system in terms of modelling in AC? Thanks for any details you can provide.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 360 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%