The most realistic sim I have ever played came free with a pack of cereal...

Great article! I would be happy if RF2, AMS or R3E would get a simple career system like seen in PCars or sort of like in Codemasters F1 series. The AI in all these games is solid and the driving itself is pretty good, why is the stuff besides racing itself missing? Why is a system like this in a "free" game and not in any full price racing sim with a bigger budget and probably more devs almost 15 years later? :thumbsdown:

Thank you, I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking, those game play features are missing from all ISI motor engine powered sims, they all seem to offer the same old sandbox features like, select a car, a track, set a race lap limit and a time limit duration, race rules, then you're done.
At least slightly mad studios, and kunos has included some sort of career mode, championship, custom championships, time trials, leader board, friends leader board, something that will keep the interest in the game, and add a sense of achievement, once you get bored of the repetitive nature of these sandbox sims, that we have been fed for almost 20 Years.

Last edited:
Racing Simulation 2 from Ubisoft was released back in 1998 and re-released in 2002 and it was available for the PC, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast and Playstation so i wouldn't say its a little game ;) Got my copy on playstation and dreamcast since the covers were different at that time and i bought it twice haha.
When I mentioned "little game" I was talking about something like what OP talks about, not a full game released for several platforms like the one you mention. I think there's a huge difference between a game that has been formally published and a game that is distributed along with corn-based food :roflmao:

I think you are missing the point

first of all, talking about masses of people jumping into sims, can't really be that serious, since the overall numbers of people in something like pCARS, AC, RF2, is nowhere near to something like Forza & Gran Turismo

sure, how the feature works ( how realistic it is ) is purely to the dev, but if you don't have time at all, then it's better to leave out feature entirely, then adding it there just so that you can say that it's there ( like weather in AC for example ... )
Don't take the masses part literally....

When I mentioned "little game" I was talking about something like what OP talks about, not a full game released for several platforms like the one you mention. I think there's a huge difference between a game that has been formally published and a game that is distributed along with corn-based food :roflmao:

That was my point that its not a little game, it was just rebranded after it was already 4-5 years on the market. I mean its cool to get something like this instead of a more arcade racer.

At least slightly mad studios, and kunos has included some sort of career mode, championship, custom championships, time trials, leader board, friends leader board, something that will keep the interest in the game, and add a sense of achievement, once you get bored of the repetitive nature of these sandbox sims, that we have been fed for almost 20 Years.

And nothing there is a new feature everything was already there at some point in some game. And when you play a racing game which is dedicated to cars driving on circuit what do you expect to happen that it's not repetitive? People get bored so easily before even discovering 20% of the content the game has to offer. And in a sandbox environment it happens a lot faster the less imagination and inducement you have. Sometimes when i read your comments i imagine you ask for a sim/game where you can repave the track with building simulator 2037 or do a football match with the pitcrew on the infield of a nascar track while your friends are racing on the superspeedway. Maybe your pitcrew would earn xp and reach a new level in dexterity so you could do a 0.07s faster pitstop with a complete tire change. :whistling::rolleyes:

That was my point that its not a little game, it was just rebranded after it was already 4-5 years on the market. I mean its cool to get something like this instead of a more arcade racer.
Ah, so the Frosties game is actually a "rebadged" title. Now everything makes sense. :)

[QUOTE = "Franz Surowetz, Post: 2738711, Mitglied: 249780"] NEIN !! Das beste Spiel, Simulation ist Grand Prix 3 und Grand Prix 2000

Mod Edit: RaceDepartment ist eine englischsprachige Website. Verwenden Sie für öffentliche Nachrichten nur die englische Sprache. [/ZITAT]
OK,Ok, Sorry.

I have Nigel Mansell's behind the scenes of Silverstone F1 race in 1991. IIRC there was a story where he had Frosties flown out to a race venue, as they didn't stock them in that country!

The F1 Challenge 99-02 was excellent in its time, but I consider F1 2013 to be Renaissance because of Anthony Davidson's consultant. (The skid because of the sharp drop of the gas pedal during the rain - brilliant!)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%