The most realistic sim I have ever played came free with a pack of cereal...

Thats a video I have found on this old game....its from 2010, I just got curious about it and did a quick google...and that came up haha

Kellogg's Frosties Gr-r-rand Prix Gameplay - Suzuka and Interlagos - YouTube

Man that was the flattest version of Suzuka I've ever seen LOL

Seems like it was pretty good for its time...the game that introduced me to Formula 1 as a teen (and what probably sparked the sim racing bug) was F1 World Grand Prix for the Nintendo 64 back in 1998...good times :D

thumbs-up-cute-clipart-1.jpg

That's pretty amazing for the time and the type of game it is. Developed by Ubisoft, huh.

More advanced tyre management especially is something I'm missing in something like AC.

NEIN !! Das beste Spiel,Simulation ist Grand Prix 3 und Grand Prix 2000

Mod Edit: RaceDepartment is an English speaking website. When posting on public message boards, please use only the English language.

Last edited by a moderator:
This was a rebranded Monaco Grand Prix Racing Simulation 2 with cereal logos! If you collected all 4 parts (as I did) it also unlocked the faux 1950s classic racing track (loosely based on the Nurburgring).

Ubisoft "F1 Racing Simulation" official game of the 1996 season and its sequel, unlicensed "Monaco GP Racing Simulation 2" based on 1997 season with fake names.
This was my first simracing and modding experience at the time

Ubisoft "F1 Racing Simulation" official game of the 1996 season and its sequel, unlicensed "Monaco GP Racing Simulation 2" based on 1997 season with fake names.
This was my first simracing and modding experience at the time

The full Ubisoft series is:

F1 Racing Simulation (1996 session official license)

Monaco Grand Prix Racing Simulation 2 (unofficial; also released as Kellogg's game, based on 1997 season)

F1 Racing Championship (1999 season official license)

Racing Simulation 3 (unofficial, was going to be 2000 season but they lost the license)

Yeah cool for sure, but with 1 type of car and im sure not very realistic behavior tied to the real world behavior of the failures it gets a bit easier to implement. When you get to sims with many different cars and where the devs at least try to get more realism in the behavior then they have to do that for each and every car which would be a mammoth job. Some of those for sure would be nice to have like the rules and some other failure options in communication etc. For sure advanced for a free cornflakes game. :D
Yep, shame there isn't a game which has it's focus on a single series in development..... Oh wait. ;)

Interesting article and we've had a slightly similar discussion about this some time ago.

Quite amazing the amount of detail that went into all the various options.

The likes of GP3 and GP4 still show a lot of sims the way to go. I was always amazed with how a drying track worked for example. I risked starting a race once on slicks on a damp track and I fell from 3rd to 16th in two laps but after five laps the track started to dry and I was lapping faster than the leaders and I had to stay on the racing line as offline it was like ice! This is in a game that's over 20 years old. Yes todays physics and graphics are better but these types of features were amazing at the time.

There was a discussion about racing sims being more "complete" rather than having advanced physics and a collection of lovely cars. Online being the preferred development option, etc.

I think the two most recent titles that stick in my mind with good career "modes" are F1 2017 and GTR2.

I always found it odd that Sector3 removed the experience parts from Raceroom. That was a career mode and I loved it (and I know others did too). A real shame.

@Joe Moore loving that picture my friend :thumbsup::)

Last edited:
Now that's a collection! Anything missing?

I know it can be "hacked" but I do miss some of the F1 Challenge mods I had. The inability to run the games in custom resolutions though is a pain. I think the max you can go to is 1024x768.

There is a hack that will "stretch" the screen to fill but frankly it looks pretty odd! lol

RSDG.NET did some great sports car mods for that series. I came across a converted version for GSCE which worked well though :)

I've tried to ignore it but I just can't let it stand.........it's "Frosted Flakes"!! :p I presume they changed the name for the Euro market, just seems a weird thing to change. I guess the flakes got offended and made them change the name or something. :laugh:

DE295374-2.jpg

I've tried to ignore it but I just can't let it stand.........it's "Frosted Flakes"!! :p I presume they changed the name for the Euro market, just seems a weird thing to change. I guess the flakes got offended and made them change the name or something. :laugh:

DE295374-2.jpg
Nahhh, frosted flakes are the cheap supermarket own brand alternative. Frosties all the way.

Good game, without a doubt, just one tiny observation...
Knowing people these days, they would complain about the amount of self-promoting around the track by Kellogg. I remember (quite recent) review from "one very well known page for sim racing" of Project Cars 2 (ok, it's Inside Sim Racing :-P) and one of the main objection was that there's too much game developers logos around the track "c'mon guys, we know what game we play already" was their comment. Ah good ol' times, we just... didn't care. For these... irrelevent details. :geek:
Great post , that brought back memories to me .
Awww... you even got my favorite one -
173362_1.jpg
:inlove::inlove:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years