The most goofy pitstop system in a racing game.

Recently I was tempted for the first time to participate in a Raceroom online event.
The Road America event for Group C cars.
With some help from Jansens and Ducs setups I have practiced a lot on the track the last week.

Hehe but then I (also for the first time) tried to figure out how clever The Raceroom devs have build the pitstop menu and presets.
The reason Im laughing is because I have never (tried to) use such an idiotic or maybe more polite a goofy pitstop system system.:roflmao:
I followed Ross Garlands recently published good pitstop guide. :thumbsup:
And have to say following this is the only reason I actually was able to make some kind of pitstop.

But here is my critique of the most goofy pitstop system in the racing sim history :sneaky:
First you have to Request Pitstop - and thats ofcourse OK.
But then while you are driving the car on the track and before entering the pit (to not get delayed) you have to scroll down and Confirm that you actually want pit service done.
Your only chance to see if you have correctly confirmed this is when you enter the pit and the Duration is NOT showing 0 sec.:roflmao:

OK after a lot of trial and error I found out that eventhough you thought that its possible before the actual pitstop in the Pit presets to tell that you dont want tire change - then surprise surprise this is not possible (in the presets).
So if you in a short race dont want to change tires you have to mess with this in the pit menu WHILE DRIVING - but before you reach the pitbox.
I dont know if on top of this goofyness there is also a bug in the tire thing because I wasnt allowed to set front or rear tires to 0/zero change in the pit menu even before reaching the damned pit box.:rolleyes:

Another goofy thing this time conserning fuel is that eventhough I as a test Confirmed to ad 3 litres(via preset) and the menu did actually show 3L(pic) then the car did run out of fuel 25m after pit exit.:roflmao::roflmao:
So the 3L from the Activated preset was NOT added - haha but all 4 tires was changed.
The last thing also completely unrealistic is that when the whole goofy pitstop sequence is "completed" there is no sign or signal to Go Go Go.
No there is just a kind of counter telling you how long this chaotic mess have durated - and counting...

Im absolutely not angry or something just a bit negativelly amused about this mess.
Mynty Pyton couldnt have created a better pitstop mess.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

My closing comment on this is probably no surprise because I decided NOT to participate in what could have been my first online event in Raceroom.
Just as I have done the last year I will only use Raceroom as a hotlap and leaderbord game - and nothing else.
So no hard feelings from my side - hehe and no reason for the usual fanboys to tell me that there is actually no problemo with this great pitstop system.:)
After all the basic game and some of the cars and tracks are for free - so what can you expect.
estimation.jpg Fuel3LConfirm.jpg Fuel3LNoConfirm.jpg PitPreset+setupFuel.jpg

I am not sure about your images, but if I am not wrong, you must have your pitstop choices in green colour and its possible to set up before the race in the pitstop presets options. And then, when you ask for the pitstop, it will be automatic according to your presets.

I am not sure about your images, but if I am not wrong, you must have your pitstop choices in green colour and its possible to set up before the race in the pitstop presets options. And then, when you ask for the pitstop, it will be automatic according to your presets.
This is exactly right, and is what I say in the pit stop guide. Highlight the things you want to happen in green in your pit preset, request a stop during the race, and there will be no need to select or confirm anything. Just drive in, stop, and go.

Interestingly, in last night's club race we had a mandatory pit. My preset was set to change all four tyres. After requesting a stop halfway through the race I changed my mind, and decided to only change my front tyres. So, while driving I used the pit menu to disable the rear tyre change option. I still didn't have to bother confirming the stop... it was still auto-confirmed so all I had to do was drive into my box and stop.

So it seems that if you are using any kind of pit stop preset, even if you modify it on the fly, the confirm button is completely redundant.

Didn't that happen in a recent update, auto pit confirmation? Swear I read it in one of the release notes, if I thought it was important, I'd look but presets are the way to go yet you still need the menu for the reasons @Ross Garland mentions above, so all good!

Didn't that happen in a recent update, auto pit confirmation?
Yep, it was added ages ago, sometime early last year I think. I assumed you would still have to manually confirm if you made changes to your preset while driving, so was pleasantly surprised that you don't. Seems they may as well remove the button altogether really!

I definitely agree there needs to be some kind of prompt or alert to the driver that the pitstop is about to complete and to get ready... Or even, a "go, go,go!!!" alert. I shouldn't have to add on a pitstop crew plugin to get audio, it would be nice to have that in there. I'm not a big fan of Crew chief audio add-ons, but me personally being new to the game (I spent a long time off playing AMS, ACC, AC), with the new pit system it's not very user friendly or obvious, a'la Rfactor.

There are clear notifications on screen for distance to pit, pit time, and pit completion so I'm not really sure what the complaint is here. If you really need audio notifications too, get Crew Chief which is totally free and couldn't be easier to install.

Maybe it's just where I'm using VR then, obviously the Res isn't the clearest and I've obviously not seen what it's saying in HD gaming. Sorry for the confusion, I'll give it a go in 2d and see if I can see the notifications then. I still don't feel the system is as intuitive as RF, but that's just my opinion so it's totally inconsequential in he grand scheme of things! Thanks again for the guide. Looking forward to better hardware for VR so I can actually read the screen!!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 144 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 271 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 396 40.0%