The more powerful Tatuus cars takeoff at Lime Rock

Is this normal and to be expected? Do drivers of real world F3 cars lift to avoid getting air underneath? Is this known and intentionally designed for the more powerful Tatuus variants. The AI cars seem unaffected by this phenomena however.

I'm otherwise happy backing off and still do enjoy the game a lot, but curious if this is unintended physics. If Marcel or anyone from S397 knows, would be cool to hear.

I noticed this when I first played the game, but thought maybe someone would mention this, or declare that this is normal. Didn't find anything, so I made a YT video. Rather long as it is a bunch of different tests to try out different situations.

I have had other cars lift like that over that particular crest in various sims. It's one of the best places to test aero lift. Is it realistic for this particular Tatuus to do that? Doubt it, but we would need some real race engineer expertise to opine. It may be plausible.

I have had other cars lift like that over that particular crest in various sims. It's one of the best places to test aero lift. Is it realistic for this particular Tatuus to do that? Doubt it, but we would need some real race engineer expertise to opine. It may be plausible.

Oh I see. I did not know it was common. This was the first time I lapped Lime Rock on a fast car. I did many attempts using an Abarth/nkPro but that thing only jumps a bit over the crest. I can pretty much launch all the non-F4 Tatuus cars (I spent half of today putting together a YT video; not spamming this thread with another video so just believe me that I could :) ). I have a feeling I can also launch the F4/USF if I get enough speed from the prior corner.

Oh I see. I did not know it was common. This was the first time I lapped Lime Rock on a fast car. I did many attempts using an Abarth/nkPro but that thing only jumps a bit over the crest. I can pretty much launch all the non-F4 Tatuus cars (I spent half of today putting together a YT video; not spamming this thread with another video so just believe me that I could :) ). I have a feeling I can also launch the F4/USF if I get enough speed from the prior corner.
Dunno about the Tatuus, but plenty of times we have seen a car catch air/flip over over a crest. Just ask Mark Webber ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 223 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 150 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 116 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.3%