F1 2010 The issue about low tier vs high tier car

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
After spending near to 500hrs with this game and almost driven quite a number of different tier cars. I'm starting to wonder.

Especially when driving the career mode when first started out.

Low Tier car = Less forgiving, slower in terms of raw speed and hard to push the car

High Tier car = more forgiving, fast and give more room to push the car.

Now as mistake can cause a lot of time being chip off from your lap time. 1 question that has been bugging me for quite a while.

In career mode where fuel, tyre sim is on. Especially with the fantastic mod from the 2011 total conversion where we get the pirelli tyre mod.

What should the car setup be focus on? As in car setup, there's no such thing as a perfect setup where you can be fast, stable and has good tyre durability. its also not easy to achieve the perfect balance. It happen in real life Formula 1 too. Team doesn't always get everything right.

Now the trade off.

Will a driver prefer to trade off speed for stability? Trade off stability for a mix of speed and durability? Or just pure speed for fast approach sacrificing stability?

I've tried the last approach a couple of time. I can gain about 0.5 sec gain per lap. But at any point a mistake occur, it can easily cost me more than 2 sec.

I've tried a lot of great setup done by people from this forum and indeed, they are really fast. But i find it hard to maintain the time especially when fuel and tyre factor is taken into account.

To be honest, all these factor actually bring the game to another level where sitting through 100% race, trying to find the perfect balance. LOL

What do you guys think?

Im the last option but thats just because im too lazy to find the perfect wing settings so all out speed for me and I worry about the corners when I get there.

Ive been playing for 630hours now and I can honestly say I know where your coming from with the consistancy its only really been in the last 200hours that ive developed into being consistant and still as fast rather than catching ppl really bloody quickly and passing them then buggering the next corner....

Dikidino you pose a good question.
Personally I like to set the car up for a good cornering balance that will allow me to turn in well and control it on throttle and find the apex and line I want for maximum corner exit speed. I believe that corner exit speed is the main determinent of lap time.
I then however reduce wing to the lowest I can until it negatively affects my ability to have good corner exit speed.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 379 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.0%