The iRacing Porsche 919 LMP1 Hybrid: Preview Video

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing Porsche 919 Hybrid 4.jpg iRacing Porsche 919 Hybrid 2.jpg iRacing Porsche 919 Hybrid 3.jpg iRacing Porsche 919 Hybrid 5.jpg iRacing Porsche 919 Hybrid 7.jpg iRacing Porsche 919 Hybrid 6.jpgMarch 6th looks likely to be a big day for iRacing fans with the release of not one but two important LMP1 specification machines to the online service.

The next major build release scheduled for Tuesday March 6th will bring the iconic Audi R18 and Porsche 919 LMP1 hybrid machines to the online only racing simulation for the very first time, marking a significant licencing agreement for a simulation already has a fair selection of GT3 and endurance racing content from which to choose.

With the Audi R18 already teased earlier in the month (see article HERE), iRacing have popped another interesting teaser video into the public domain, this time showcasing the finest prototype car of the modern era - the Porsche 919 Hybrid that took Mark Webber and Brandon Hartley amongst others to championship success in the World Endurance Championship on recent seasons.

With both the new prototypes and a 2018 specification IndyCar all coming to iRacing tomorrow it's going to be an entertaining few days for the subscribers to the service ahead..!

iRacing.com is a PC exclusive online only subscription racing simulation available through the Steam network.

iRacing Porsche 919 Hybrid.png

For more from the world of iRacing, including setup advice, news and community discussion, head over to the RaceDepartment iRacing sub forum and get yourself involved in the discussion.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to prototype racing coming to iRacing.com? Do you think the latest LMP1 hybrid machines will prove a popular choice for iracers? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Totally agree!

The talent pool of people being able to drive/race those cars on the limit is probably very small. Very much like the F1 car in iRacing.
There is a reason the GT3/GTE cars are so popular here and in in every other sim. They are easy to race online without much practise or setup work.

Will probably try the Porsche for fun but don´t think I will ever give it a try in an official series.

Yeah I agree. I bet the special events turn into a mess because of inexperienced drivers ...

the 6+ items discount is actually only 15% and the 40+ items already owned discount is 20% off any further item. Since this is a closed system, the discounts are close to meaningless, one should however take advantage of them, no matter there is no competition in this "market". don't think i ever regretted joining iRacing, though some cars are decidedly underused by me and i'd love a way to either sell them on or hand them back for 25% of original price or sth.

the 6+ items discount is actually only 15% and the 40+ items already owned discount is 20% off any further item. Since this is a closed system, the discounts are close to meaningless, one should however take advantage of them, no matter there is no competition in this "market". don't think i ever regretted joining iRacing, though some cars are decidedly underused by me and i'd love a way to either sell them on or hand them back for 25% of original price or sth.

I'm the same. Got a few cars I don't use but don't regret getting them at all.

You could in theory just buy one gt3 car a few tracks and have a race happy cheap iracing career. I would've probably benefited from doing this but I enjoy the variety.

• Deleted member 205301

I'm what iracing calls a "100%club", so I get all content (from road to oval, dirt etc...), in 8 years, I raced with only half the car I got, but absolutely don't care, i'm still saying on myself about some cars "maybe one day i will run it..." (but we knows it won't be the case, lol)
The iracing price' model is maybe "too much" for some people, but if i look right, those people are buying new videogames everymonth....so...that's only a matter of choice...(don't tell us you don't have money, tell us what you do with your money)...
@++

well, as a student, iRacing would have been way too expensive for me and my son - who is at uni now - plays f01 and rre because for the first he pays 60 euros once a year and the other is dog cheap. i can totally see his point. it's either finding a job and having more spending power or concentrating on uni and not being able to buy everything you want. good lessons learned :)

You could in theory just buy one gt3 car a few tracks and have a race happy cheap iracing career.
^ thati show you should start out with iRacing, stick to one series until you advance in license and pick up a new car and pick up tracks if needed as they change per week. Then later buy a new car for a different series and rinse & repeat. I started with Skippy and NASCAR.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back