The iRacing Porsche 919 LMP1 Hybrid: Preview Video

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing Porsche 919 Hybrid 4.jpg iRacing Porsche 919 Hybrid 2.jpg iRacing Porsche 919 Hybrid 3.jpg iRacing Porsche 919 Hybrid 5.jpg iRacing Porsche 919 Hybrid 7.jpg iRacing Porsche 919 Hybrid 6.jpgMarch 6th looks likely to be a big day for iRacing fans with the release of not one but two important LMP1 specification machines to the online service.

The next major build release scheduled for Tuesday March 6th will bring the iconic Audi R18 and Porsche 919 LMP1 hybrid machines to the online only racing simulation for the very first time, marking a significant licencing agreement for a simulation already has a fair selection of GT3 and endurance racing content from which to choose.

With the Audi R18 already teased earlier in the month (see article HERE), iRacing have popped another interesting teaser video into the public domain, this time showcasing the finest prototype car of the modern era - the Porsche 919 Hybrid that took Mark Webber and Brandon Hartley amongst others to championship success in the World Endurance Championship on recent seasons.

With both the new prototypes and a 2018 specification IndyCar all coming to iRacing tomorrow it's going to be an entertaining few days for the subscribers to the service ahead..!

iRacing.com is a PC exclusive online only subscription racing simulation available through the Steam network.

iRacing Porsche 919 Hybrid.png

For more from the world of iRacing, including setup advice, news and community discussion, head over to the RaceDepartment iRacing sub forum and get yourself involved in the discussion.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to prototype racing coming to iRacing.com? Do you think the latest LMP1 hybrid machines will prove a popular choice for iracers? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Wonder if they will model the KERS and other power settings as in AC........one of my faves in AC.
Out of curiosity: How does it work in AC? In pcars it auto-deploys whenever you press the throttle to 100%, which is nice but a bit simplistic.

From what I understand the real cars are pre-programmed with profiles that determine when the energy is deployed and the driver has no control over it (unlike KERS buttons in F1). I hope it will be like that, guess we'll see in a couple of hours :laugh:

If its anything like the Mclaren F1 car, its gonna be way more complicated than the AC version. I am excited to drive it and possibly race it, but at the same time thinking I would be overwhelmed with the battery settings.

Out of curiosity: How does it work in AC? In pcars it auto-deploys whenever you press the throttle to 100%, which is nice but a bit simplistic.

From what I understand the real cars are pre-programmed with profiles that determine when the energy is deployed and the driver has no control over it (unlike KERS buttons in F1). I hope it will be like that, guess we'll see in a couple of hours :laugh:
For the porsche there is the pre programmed profiles, then there is the overrid, then there is the overrid profile so they can adjust how much the overrid throws out.

Nice drive/visuals that Audi on le mans. Would like it even more if the track content I payed for gets decent upgraded. Many tracks look very dated. Only the new content looks this great. But they probably rather sell new stuff than lets you enjoy the things you already payed for.

• Deleted member 205301

...Honestly i'm a bit affraid with these cars.
Lots of people will give it a go (and I will), but will they be "raceable" ? (i mean, look at the few drivers in iracing F1, cause a modern and very fast car is really hard to handle in a race)
So for now, we know how it will be :
1 realease is going to be "complicated" (I personnally won't try it today)
2 People will says these cars are the best ever etc etc... (as usual)
3 Too many people will go racing without really understanding the car, so it will be a wreckfest
4 later iracing will update things here and there for the cars, so physics will change...
5 people will complains..
6 As usual, it's only at the car's second season we"ll have an objective idea of races provided by this addition...

I don't plan to race this car (no matter wich one, i'll buy both), but i'll drive it "for fun"
@++

• Deleted member 205301

. Many tracks look very dated. ..... But they probably rather sell new stuff than lets you enjoy the things you already payed for.
cannot agree more ..... getting really umbarrased with the old silverstone, the "withe and red" spa etc...
i don't have problem with paid content, that's a model i understand and agree with it, but seeing lime rock or silverstone stil not redone after 8 years is a shame...
@++

If iRacing would not be a such cashcow.... :(

28660671_1990650384517791_5986745418594483860_n.png

I know Raceroom gets a hard time for it's price model but it would be cool if iRacing adopted the "pack" idea that Raceroom operates. Even a 10% saving would help.

I am looking at doing some iRacing, but cost model is a bit high for me at the moment. I know they have to make their profit somehow and I understand that though :)

...Honestly i'm a bit affraid with these cars.
Lots of people will give it a go (and I will), but will they be "raceable" ? (i mean, look at the few drivers in iracing F1, cause a modern and very fast car is really hard to handle in a race)
So for now, we know how it will be :
1 realease is going to be "complicated" (I personnally won't try it today)
2 People will says these cars are the best ever etc etc... (as usual)
3 Too many people will go racing without really understanding the car, so it will be a wreckfest
4 later iracing will update things here and there for the cars, so physics will change...
5 people will complains..
6 As usual, it's only at the car's second season we"ll have an objective idea of races provided by this addition...

I don't plan to race this car (no matter wich one, i'll buy both), but i'll drive it "for fun"
@++

Totally agree!

The talent pool of people being able to drive/race those cars on the limit is probably very small. Very much like the F1 car in iRacing.
There is a reason the GT3/GTE cars are so popular here and in in every other sim. They are easy to race online without much practise or setup work.

Will probably try the Porsche for fun but don´t think I will ever give it a try in an official series.

I know Raceroom gets a hard time for it's price model but it would be cool if iRacing adopted the "pack" idea that Raceroom operates. Even a 10% saving would help.

I am looking at doing some iRacing, but cost model is a bit high for me at the moment. I know they have to make their profit somehow and I understand that though :)

You buy 3 items u get 10% u buy 6 items u get 20% discount. Once u own/get 40+ items i think u get 25% discount for every purchase.

Yea its more expansive but its a mmo service.

I have enough content to get 25% discount on everything. But so many tracks look so like 8 years old and some are quite different by now. For sure they got some new tarmac shaders, but the rest is still not worth the 700+ dollars i spend on it. The new cars, overal system and forum makes up for it. But every year again i think djeez i raced here 6 years ago and still looks the same.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back