The Hardware I've Made With My 3D Printer Thread!

Hey all..

I recently acquired a 3D printer for the sim motion project and I've become obsessed with it.. always thought it was a bit of a gimmick and people just printed crap models that looked rubbish..

I couldn't have been more wrong.. although there are limitations in the quality of finish department, having a 3D printer to make whatever I want is amazing...!

Like VR, I think sim racing and 3D printing are a match made in pitlane .....did I really just write that?!!

Anyway... there is always some little part that I think might work or wish I could try... now I can just make it and either test it as a prototype... or just use it! It's Awesome!

So post all you pics of things you've made for sim racing with your 3D printer..

I'll start with an enclosure for my Ascher Racing Button Plate O18L which originally comes with just a carbon fibre plate so all the wiring is exposed on the back.. Martin was kind enough to send me the .dxf and I made an printed an enclosure. Through a few iterations it's pretty much spot on.. The pics here are as printed but I might paint it at some point...

**** All PLA unless otherwise stated ****

3D%20Print-8_zpsq3f9n9x0.jpg

3D%20Print-1_zps7rlmjwl2.jpg

3D%20Print-2_zpsbgwqewfi.jpg

3D%20Print-6_zpscs8dppoc.jpg

3D%20Print-5_zpsg2p3ssxj.jpg

Last edited:
Very good! OP, not sure which 3D printer you've got?

Those scratches you're getting on top surfaces, where the nozzle is dragging. This is usually a sign of over-extrusion....you can turn down your extrusion multiplier slightly in your slicing software...or add some z-hop to movements to prevent this...it will at least improve your surface finishes.

But great work..really like that button plate surround.

Upvote 0
Very good! OP, not sure which 3D printer you've got?

Those scratches you're getting on top surfaces, where the nozzle is dragging. This is usually a sign of over-extrusion....you can turn down your extrusion multiplier slightly in your slicing software...or add some z-hop to movements to prevent this...it will at least improve your surface finishes.

But great work..really like that button plate surround.

Thanks Ben..

I haven't got my head around all that yet so i appreciate the advice.. so many settings!

I've got a TEVO flash.. I'm looking at getting another printer too so if you have any recommendations feel free!

Upvote 0
Thanks Ben..

I haven't got my head around all that yet so i appreciate the advice.. so many settings!

I've got a TEVO flash.. I'm looking at getting another printer too so if you have any recommendations feel free!

I've got a Prusa i3 MK3 (also got the multi-material V2, though still to assemble that)...it's great. Prior to that I had a big Tevo Little Monster Delta printer...which could print huge but was a PITA. The Prusa, for the most part, is pretty much as close to "hit print and leave" as I've found so far.

Upvote 0
They're amazing James....are they your own work? Is there any plan to make the plans available either open-source or paid?

I'd be really keen.

Ben

Yes, did all from scratch myself. I was going to put them on the My Mini Factory web site as a paid download. I have to make a few tweaks to the design and some more testing before releasing. They are a bit difficult to assemble at the moment so I need to make it a bit easier.

Also need to thicken the handles up a bit on the lcd screen one as it doesn't feel quite right at the moment.

Upvote 0
Yes, did all from scratch myself. I was going to put them on the My Mini Factory web site as a paid download. I have to make a few tweaks to the design and some more testing before releasing. They are a bit difficult to assemble at the moment so I need to make it a bit easier.

Also need to thicken the handles up a bit on the lcd screen one as it doesn't feel quite right at the moment.

Well if you're looking for any beta-testers of sorts...sign me up! Have a Prusa i3 Mk3 (with Multi-Material 2.0) that I'm itching to print wheel components on and build something up. This is best design I've seen so far!

Upvote 0
Great work Moxley.......what method do you use for the text labels.

Which exactly, there's multiple processes and techniques being used pending the part.

Great stuff Moxley....is that Seaflo air splitter publicly available to print?

Ya i could do that, The Larger tubes are for the China "Air Intake" tubes, they go for like 8$ for 3' and are rigid and hold their Shape/position and thread onto the Splitter for an Air Tight fit.

The Smaller Hose is for the HomeDepot 1.5" Sump Pump Drain Hose (15$ for like 25')

nelson-plastics-pump-hoses-00109-64_1000.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Black-...=item33f14fc674:g:fjUAAOSwhcJWPIVk:rk:31:pf:0

s-l1600.jpg

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 27.9%