The happiest plunge I have even taken-BMW DTM Wheel v2

Before I start my mumbling, If you haven't seen this https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/hoihman-race-rig-rims-showcase.156487/, go read it now and appreciate the craftsmanship.

I stayed mostly silent on the internet. I even used a fake abstract image (like a geometry shape) on my facebook before I completely deleted my account. I have no twitter, no reddit, no instgram, no nothing. I am one of those assholes who did not buy premium nor actively engage in discussion, but downloaded TONS of mods. So if I am about to post some of my driving footage (though I did not disclose my face/voice), I indeed have some good reasons.

This time the reason is this, the custom wheel I bought from its maker, HoiHman.
Annotation 2019-06-17 034601.jpg

(Took this picture immediately after I got the package. Please excuse me for the dust.)
That is how it looks on my rig. Please ignore my extremely incompetitive laptime. Haven't driven the 919 hybrid around the Nordschleife much.
IMG_20190616_180609.jpg

Here is a short video clip of me driving it. Sorry for the bad quality. I am not a YouTuber and I do not have the device for recording. I had to use some books and my own phone.:rolleyes:
(Tracks and sound mod can both be found in RD.)
(Damn I cannot get anywhere below 1'30"..... I saw someone doing 1.26 in iracing on the same track and that 4 seconds seem forever.)

The following is some mumbling about how grateful I am.

I noticed his post around a month ago, and his wheel collection just blew my mind. I contacted him about buying his wheel. He answered all my questions with patience and he was very polite and friendly. I usually did not communicate with people online, and I heard all sorts of stories about online scam and million ways of getting into trouble because of trusting a stranger. Yet the wheel was so nice, so I decided to take the plunge. Turned out that that plunge was absolutely worth it.

Not only that. He helped me contact the shipping company after the shipment was stuck at one post for some days. When I received the package, everything was nicely arranged and protected. I could feel every bit of heart and time he put into it. Like I mentioned in my conversation with him, I trusted him with my money, and he also trusted me to be someone who will respect his craftsmanship. This is not his full-time job, and his time is as valuable as anyone else. He did not even mind me asking him "is this a scam" in the beginning. :roflmao: He told me I am a polite person, while I thought I was being a complete jerk...

After that, I realized he is pretty famous around here. So if you are new to this place, and you are interested in buying something from him or participating in the group buy, go for it. Not only he is trustworthy, but also respectable.

Oh by the way, if anyone is so nice to watch that video clip, let me know what I did wrong with my driving. I guess that is the drawback of not actively participating in a community, makes one lose many opportunities of learning from others.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 208 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years