The hand that shifts....

Hi there,
is there any way to change the shifting-hand for the in-game driver? I have an BMW V12 LMR mod where the left hand goes to the shifter. It should be the right hand, thought. First time I discovered this.
Can I change that and if so, how ?

I do not have this mod, so I am unable to duplicate your anomaly, but my guess is that the shifter position in the ".car" file is defined incorrectly. It is a bit tedious but you can edit the position yourself if you are willing to keep tweaking the coordinates until you get it right. Open the ".car" file in a text editor look for the following line:

ShiftStickPosition=(<x.xxx, xxx, x.xxx>)

These coordinates usually adjust as (+ =Left / - =Right), (- =Down/+ =Up), (- =Forward/+ =Backward) but there are exceptions.

I could possibly be of more assistance if I knew exactly which mod you are using.
Good luck!

Thanks, I will have to try that later.
The mod is the BMW V12 LMR V 2.0 by Trackaholics. As mentioned the left hand does the shifting while the car in real life has the shifter on the right side.

Maybe you might also try this:
In the .car file modify this line "LeftSideSteering=1" to "LeftSideSteering=0" or the contrary.

I had a case when creating files for a new car with the wheel at the right of this car and driver using left hand to get the shifter while he had to use the right one and just changing this line corrected the move.

The arm move and the shifter position need to be correct in the .car file.

Since the LeftSideSteering option was the quicker one to test I tried that first and it already solved the problem.
It was "0" which should indicate a right side steering, which is the case, and therefore left hand shifting. Changing it to "1" did it, right hand shifts. Don't know if that might cause any issues elsewhere - I don't race online. I tested it for an hour of driving with no problems.
Thanks to both of you for the help. :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 140 13.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 104 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 73 7.0%
  • < 5 years