The Group C cars are extremely close matched.

After using a lot of hours "leaderboarding" the Porsche 962 & Nissan R90CK Im amazed how extremely close the Sector3 Studios have matched/normalized these cars.
Eventhough its still easy to feel the behaviour difference between the 2 cars.
I have to say that its normal for me after intensive lapping on a track to reach some kind of laptime "wall" where its more or less impossible for me to squeeze any more ms out of a car.:sleep:
And after some intensive setup therapy I cannot get any faster with these 2 cars on the Road America track - where I have been camping with my virtuel racing transporter the last weeks.:)

And now comes my "proof" of the pudding!:geek:

I started with the Porsche.
And after getting to terms with its awkward London Bus behaviour(realistic??) I ended up with 1:54.408.
Then I started the Nissan and this time it felt like the bus was even a London Double Decker(realistic??) - but anyway after a lot of laps I was able to get down to a hard earned 1:54.403.

1:54.403 vs 1:54.408 - anyone closer?;)

double decker.jpg

Nothing to brag about - but..:)
But I was actually able to push the laptimes for both cars a tiny bit lower - hehe after some intensive talk with my virtual garage engineer.:geek:
But my point about the extremely close matching of the 2 cars still holds.
1:53.932 for the Porsche and 1:53.978 for the Nissan.
Anyone closer?:roflmao:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: The VW pic is just a showoff :whistling:

ATBest_Porsche-Nissan-VW.png

Yes it does.:thumbsup:
Actually this thread was not created (just) for bragging - but because I was genuinely very positively surprised of the extremely close match between these two cars.
And I know its pretty difficult to keep both a close match and at the same time keep quite different car behaviour.
Back when I was younger I was involved in some similiar car normalization in the first Ubisoft racing sims/games - F1RC and RS2.
Hehe with a hex editor.:whistling:

OK good info @Alex .
Then my guess is that if I get the setup nailed for one of the 90ties then I can use it for the 2 others - right?;)

EDIT:
Re-reading my comment above it looks like some severe brain meltdown have happened.:sleep:
Suddenly the man BrunoB goes from talking about the two group C cars to conclude something about the similiarity between setups between the 3 FR90 cars.
Not exactly the most sound thinking.:poop:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 237 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 176 7.9%