• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

The Group C cars are extremely close matched.

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by BrunoB, Jun 2, 2019.

1. BrunoB

BrunoB

Ratings:
    +115
    After using a lot of hours "leaderboarding" the Porsche 962 & Nissan R90CK Im amazed how extremely close the Sector3 Studios have matched/normalized these cars.
    Eventhough its still easy to feel the behaviour difference between the 2 cars.
    I have to say that its normal for me after intensive lapping on a track to reach some kind of laptime "wall" where its more or less impossible for me to squeeze any more ms out of a car.:sleep:
    And after some intensive setup therapy I cannot get any faster with these 2 cars on the Road America track - where I have been camping with my virtuel racing transporter the last weeks.:)

And now comes my "proof" of the pudding!:geek:

I started with the Porsche.
    And after getting to terms with its awkward London Bus behaviour(realistic??) I ended up with 1:54.408.
    Then I started the Nissan and this time it felt like the bus was even a London Double Decker(realistic??) - but anyway after a lot of laps I was able to get down to a hard earned 1:54.403.

1:54.403 vs 1:54.408 - anyone closer?;)

double decker.jpg

• Beer Beer x 1
  2. BrunoB

BrunoB

Ratings:
    +115
    Nothing to brag about - but..:)
    But I was actually able to push the laptimes for both cars a tiny bit lower - hehe after some intensive talk with my virtual garage engineer.:geek:
    But my point about the extremely close matching of the 2 cars still holds.
    1:53.932 for the Porsche and 1:53.978 for the Nissan.
    Anyone closer?:roflmao:

ByTheWay: The VW pic is just a showoff :whistling:

ATBest_Porsche-Nissan-VW.png

• Like Like x 1
  3. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson
    Premium

Ratings:
    +102
    Nice, more evidence our system works :cool:

4. BrunoB

BrunoB

Ratings:
    +115
    Yes it does.:thumbsup:
    Actually this thread was not created (just) for bragging - but because I was genuinely very positively surprised of the extremely close match between these two cars.
    And I know its pretty difficult to keep both a close match and at the same time keep quite different car behaviour.
    Back when I was younger I was involved in some similiar car normalization in the first Ubisoft racing sims/games - F1RC and RS2.
    Hehe with a hex editor.:whistling:

5. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson
    Premium

Ratings:
    +102
    What's particularly nice is that it was done solely by adjusting boost pressure, so everything else remains as it should be. Downforce values and weights are all on point :thumbsup:

• Beer Beer x 2
  6. BrunoB

BrunoB

Ratings:
    +115
    OK good info @Alex .
    Then my guess is that if I get the setup nailed for one of the 90ties then I can use it for the 2 others - right?;)

EDIT:
    Re-reading my comment above it looks like some severe brain meltdown have happened.:sleep:
    Suddenly the man BrunoB goes from talking about the two group C cars to conclude something about the similiarity between setups between the 3 FR90 cars.
    Not exactly the most sound thinking.:poop:

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
    • Haha Haha x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.