The Green Hell Fun Run 6th July

Wed 6[SUP]th[/SUP] July at the Nordschleife [usual day time and F1 2007 vehicle].
I hope many of you can and will attend. :cool:

Schedule [not set in stone as yet]:
Wed - 6[SUP]th[/SUP] July @ 8.pm B.S.T. [league race day and time]
Practice: 85 mins
Warm up: 5 mins
Race: 10 laps

Grid order will be set during the entire practice period starting at 4am , err.... 8pm BST. So try not to hold up another driver; unless you yourself are on good clean hot lap [in which case hold your line and nerve :)].

There are no points awarded; we race for honour and fun. :)

OOO the day before i leave for silverstone perfect timing :cool:Ill get on for some practise today , the f1 may be tricky around here especially the banking left probably best to avoid it. Im thinking higher ride heights and some more wing than normally.

Edit: I had a little run today tracks ok with car but theres one part you fly this was with 7/34 wing and lifting b4 hill to try and control flight lol

Fabrice, be careful, you are close to getting banned from this league if you don't go quickly to find out what the "Green Hell" is! :mad:

Just kidding mate! :redface: Jacky Stewart called the Nürburgring Nordschleife the green hell.

@Jim:
Of course the hell is tricky, but it could be a great challenge. You just need to know where the tricky bumps are and where you need to slow your car going over them. I drove a nice 5:04:063 yesterday within 5 laps of testing. It's possible to get it controlled. I attached my first setup. Again the replay file is too big. If some one likes it just let me know via PM.

I'll try to upload it to youtube soon... :)

Attachments

• Reik-Nord-F1 b.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 334
I'll be there, but are we sure the f1 is the best option?I had a run round last night in the Honda tc, nice drive so it was, 7'35

Jim
If you can suggest a faster vehicle than the F1 2007, we might consider it. J :)

ok thanks mates, i know the track, but ignore the "green hill" nickname.
I sympathise with Fabrice not being familiar will the term “Green Hell”, however, I did describe the track as the Nordschleife on the first line of text. Here is Aus, many refer to the track simply as “The Ring”. * shrug *

will not let me enter the server Nordfield tells me incompatibleversion game , or is not installed on gtr-evo (just use the race07)
The track is part of the GTR Evo release. Our forum/ league is described as “GTR Evolution based F1 action.” though the mod works fine with just Race 07 alone. I am sorry Ruben. The only time I use GTR Evo is for our NürburgringF1 race and this event.

I drove a nice 5:04:063 yesterday within 5 laps of testing.
Damn :rolleyes:, I have never driven the track before the other night and thought I did well running a 5' 26”. I was thinking I could claw back 3 – 5 seconds but there is no way I will find 20 seconds! Still, it will be [a] challenge for you to lap me in the 10 laps...all part of [my] challenge to stop you. :)

thx for the setup:cool:

thx for the setup Reik,

I am not that familiar with this track , I drove 7 laps today and I was most of the time flying over trees and hitting animals on the side of the track and finally I could manage one clean lap with 5'24'2... Still need to find 20 s to catch you :)..

Knowing the track well maybe the reason why I am qick after some laps. I've driven the hell very, very often with many games and mods, so I could fully concentrate on the car and suggest the tricky sections quickly. I'm sure you'll shave of many seconds when you have a better feeling for the track.

Edit: Guys, I should mention something important. I drove my so far best lap in an offline qualy session (1 opponent only), because of the good grip compared to a free practice. And I give in, that I drove backwards in the pits to start a flying lap immediately using super softs and fuel for 1 lap. I wouldn't do that on any other track, but driving such a long out lap would kill the fun in driving a quick lap. I hope you guys undrstand that.

For the event the Admin should make a call if this behavior is allowed in practice or not. I'll have no problem, if it's forbidden it just should be decided before.

btw: If there's a sign up list opened during my soon starting holidays, would someone be so kind and put me on the list please? :)

OK Im in:),
WTCC EXTREME ? nice to drive and a bit strong than F1 my choice is for F1 because is a crazy ( beautifull ) track and of course need a crazy car so F1 is a right choice:wink:

PS Thanks Reik for setup:)

Knowing the track well maybe the reason why I am qick after some laps. I've driven the hell very, very often with many games and mods, so I could fully concentrate on the car and suggest the tricky sections quickly. I'm sure you'll shave of many seconds when you have a better feeling for the track.

Edit: Guys, I should mention something important. I drove my so far best lap in an offline qualy session (1 opponent only), because of the good grip compared to a free practice. And I give in, that I drove backwards in the pits to start a flying lap immediately using super softs and fuel for 1 lap. I wouldn't do that on any other track, but driving such a long out lap would kill the fun in driving a quick lap. I hope you guys undrstand that.

For the event the Admin should make a call if this behavior is allowed in practice or not. I'll have no problem, if it's forbidden it just should be decided before.

btw: If there's a sign up list opened during my soon starting holidays, would someone be so kind and put me on the list please? :)

I also drive through the pit entrance. The track is so long that hopefully it's not an issue. If you're not sure if someone is coming you can use the race monitor and look at where everyone is before you head out on the track.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 253 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 244 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%