The greatest race The Ards Ulster Tourist Trophy

Today as drivers travel along a duel carriageway between Belfast and Newtownards they are unaware of a small plague beside a bus stop marking where the greatest Pre War racers started their engines and accelerated off in one of the most exiting races ever.
Ards TT plaque.jpg

The International Tourist Trophy may well be the most prestigious race that you’ve never heard of. The term Tourist Trophy, or TT for short, has become synonymous with motorbikes and the Isle of Man. But right up to the 1950s, it was the biggest prize in any motor racing formula. What’s more, the race was a regular fixture in Northern Ireland, attracting up to half a million spectators at its peak and captivating the world’s media.
We now have some fantastic pre war cars for Assetto Corsa and some awesome vintage tracks created by super talented modders . How awesome would this track be? Granted it would be extremely difficult to recreate it as it was in the 1930s but a track loosely based on the information we have would perhaps be one of the greatest tracks ever for Assetto Corsa. I have no ability to do so ,Im an old guy who can just about switch my computer on so im just putting this idea out there because there is now so many sim racers who are into this time period.
My personal thanks to all who have created the vintage cars and tracks and perhaps someone will consider this project.

Some details

Ards tt.jpg

Ards TT maps.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back