The Greatest Helmet Pack v.1.0

Thanks for putting these all in one file, made adding the to my install all that much easier. Just in case any Mac users visit I am running the OSX version of the game and these really enhance the game and are such a step up from the generics packaged in the game. Thanks to all the original authors! :thumbsup:

Download the helmet, extract it. Make a backup of all the files you're going to replace. Find your game directory, once your into it look for the file marked 'characters', head into that then open up the file marked 'bespokehelmets', then simply replace your download files with the corrosponding file in bespokehelmets.

Eg: F12012 > characters >bespokehelmets > (eg the helmet you downloaded is called gen_01_tex_high, gen_01_tex_low), make a copy of the original as a backup, then replace them with your new helmet.

You can always rename the helmet you just downloaded so it can replace any one of the original helmets, eg you've just downloaded gen_06_tex_high, gen_06_tex_low but you don't want to replace that file, just rename it to any other and then replace it.

I had a major malfunction when I installed this pack and made the mistake to not backup my original helmet files. Now when I try to load the game it crashes all the time.

Is there someone who could be kind enough to upload for me the original helmets files and b_nonpersistent file so I can download and restore my game.

If anyone can advise me on how I can fix, I would much appreciated.

Thanks to all,
F1canuck

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back