Give me Assetto Corsa Competizione with SRO Ultracar GT1 Sports Club DLC and I'll be more happy :inlove:

Screenshot_2018-08-22_Cars.png

oh dear. oh dear. oh dear. Amazon are starting to move in to video games, I know recently they released there own game engine, so I'm guessing the game was made in that. This doesn't look promising.

If they want to take it serious, they could simply use the Forza Horizon base game, slap some additional race tracks in there and go from there...
I always kind of expected something like that to happen.

If they were to combine it with an F1 game style career and you have to try and ruin your career in every interview it could be a good game.

At first I do have two questions:
What ist "The Grand Tour"? Considering the name, it suggests to me some kind of realityshow, in which some guys are exploring the world.
The second question:
To this conclusion, I expect a very, very simple arcade-Racer from this. So is this title even worth mentioning here?

I can't imagine any real car enthusiast being one bit interested in arcady nonsense like this..
I like Top Gear and the Clarkson team a lot (also Rory Reid and the small guy), watched every Top Gear and Grand Tour episode to date, but i'd never be interested in this game.

On the other side i use Assetto Corsa as "Top Gear simulator" for years..just some random scenarios i set up:
- racing up the Transfaragasan Hills with 2 other AI in supercars
- trying to lap the Nordschleife in 10 minutes with a Transit Van (and failing)
- trying to do the Targa Florio lap in a V12 Aventador with 10l of fuel as fast as possible without the fuel running out
- trying to survive the "Monte Carlo Stage 13" in a racecar with slicks
- giving the Ford Mustang "baddie" 1 minute and try to chase him down in a Alfa Giulia "agent" car in the Spanish country roads of Tajo-Alto
- there is also the drag strip to try things out...
and many more.
This is actually the most time i spent so far in Assetto Corsa (or any sim), since i rarely have the time to practise for a proper online race. For me there is no better Top Gear simulator then AC, probably until AC2 comes out

Some say that Top Gear is now called The Grand Tour and that Top Gear on the BBC should be put down, like a much loved dog that has reached the end of it's life...

...all we know is, that Amazon's making a shameless cash grab with a The Grand Tour video game for casual car enthusiasts...

Last edited:
Announced to a reasonably lukewarm reception here at RD back in August, Amazon racer 'The Grand Tour Game' has a new trailer - detailing "seamless transitions" from TGT episodes.

Using a unique content streaming method that allows players to drive cars, tracks and challenges immediately after the airing of a Friday night Grand Tour episode, the new arcade racer from Amazon Game Studios certainly has plenty of that all important curiosity factor - although little is known about the title at this early stage.

With the latest video release showcasing graphical power that looks far superior to the initially disappointing looking announcement trailer revealed HERE, thanks to The Grand Tour presenter James May we get to find out a little bit more of the new game, namely that players should "seamlessly" be able to transition from the show to the software, potentially opening up possibilities of either mid-episode interaction with the title, or more realistically related show content unlocking following the airing of the latest episode.

No release date has come about with the new trailer, although with TGT filming already underway and a recent tease from host Jeremy Clarkson of the 03/11/2018 date suggests TGT season 3 and TGT Game could be here as soon as next month...

The Grand Tour Videogame 1.jpg

Like what you see at RaceDepartment? Follow us on social media!

Do you like the idea of a Grand Tour videogame? Do you think the idea will be a success? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back