• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured The Grand Tour Game: Available Now

Discussion in 'The Grand Tour Game' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jan 15, 2019.

1. apex11

apex11
    Banned

Ratings:
    +511
    I'll not be interested in it but at £11 it is what it is.
    Not a fan of the 3 man childs or the show or the game. But at least as a cash grab goes its priced rather fair IMO....

Regards graphics, AMS gets a free pass so why not this?

Yes it is arcade shite for branding whores but this market exists and sells units, just look at PCars franchise...

• Love Love x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  2. Koen Verlinde

Koen Verlinde

Ratings:
    +280
    That PCars comparison :inlove:

3. Ryan Soucy

Ryan Soucy

Ratings:
    +133
    After 45 minutes of gameplay (that was supposed to be just 15 mins) here are my impressions:
    -Graphics are surprisingly bad, but serviceable
    -Controls are fine, again, serviceable, but then, I'm not a fan of Forza Horizon 4's either.
    -Difficulty was a bit frustrating for some races, but I shouldn't get gold medals on every bit first try, right?

Overall: I think this could be the future of interactive experiences between games and shows. I like the show (its not Top Gear at its peak, we all know) but I really like the way the gameplay is weaved into the episodes. I haven't seem them in a while, so its nice to rewatch them, but not just sitting there like a couch potato. You can always just skip through the FMVs too. Masks the loading times well, so it feels very fluid.

This could be done with a lot of other types of shows I think too, especially the ones that get a whole series in the can and then release episodically. You could take a crime show and give all the assets to a game developer so they have the sets and story arc and maybe build side stories as playable mini-episodes.

• Like Like x 2
  4. John Chaser

John Chaser

Ratings:
    +14
    No VR no buy.

• Haha Haha x 1
  5. LEDzZzEPP

LEDzZzEPP

Ratings:
    +21
    Don’t take it seriously...more like

6. Ryan Soucy

Ryan Soucy

Ratings:
    +133
    UPDATE: they rolled through a 4gb patch yesterday which seems to really improve the visuals, including the FMV pieces. There's still something off though in that the car itself seems blurry when you're driving (I don't look at the car when driving) but the Swiss stage from Season 2 is really pretty. Its a fairly small map though. But a giant upgrade over a Portimao circuit that is poorly modeled and not that attractive. It doesn't help that I've raced on that track so danged much in PC2 that I am completely worn out on it.

Still enjoying it and looking forward to more content.

7. hillclimber12

hillclimber12

Ratings:
    +129
    [​IMG]

Oh god, I hope it's a screen with ultra low settings!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.