The Goodbye

Ross Balfour

#99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs
I have been putting this off for a while now, but I suppose now is finally the time I get round to it.

I feel it's better to say goodbye, rather than to slowly and silently dirft of the radar, untill people start to ask "Whatever happened that Balfour kid that used to race and spam here all the time?"

The last two years on Racedepartment have been a slow downward slope for me, with my life getting busier and the current racing sims I play getting less and less popular, it was envitable that my activity on here would start to decrease. I haven't raced in the club in a year and a half, and I haved touched by formerly beloved G25 in over six months. The forum that I used to spend countless hours and hours on has slowly slipped down by bookmark list, and at times forgotten about completely.
I think the time I realized I had to write this came, when I went to log in and the usual "remember by username" had no recognitition of my existance.
When I joined here in 2008, a little immature 13 year old with a big mouth, I didn't know what a huge impact this community would have on my life. I made some amazing friends here, some I hope I remain in contact with for a very long time. I am now 18, with exams, a job and a full time career only a few years away, sim-racing has become a distant memory for me.

4 and a half years on Racedepartment has flown by, I'm still glad to see some of the same faces around here from when I joined, I truly cannot thank the likes of Bram and all of the other various mods and super mods over the years, I don't think anyone can appreciate the amount of work that they put into the forum, for thousands of people to benefit from.

So, as I finish of a post I never wanted to make, I would just want to give a final thanks to everyone I have met here, the close races, the chatbox banter, the arguments and just the whole experience of being a member of Racedepartment.

I'll hopefully see you all someday, somewhere. And who knows, in a few months or years time I may feel the urge to get my G25 back out and start racing again... but then again I have been saying that for well over a year now.

Once again, Thank you Racedepartment, and goodbye!

best of luck with life m8, remember this .... by making mistakes in life you learn from them and hopefully you won't repeat it.

or there's this saying, you live once so enjoy it and do what ever the f*£k you want to :)

You are one of those members belonged to the core of RD, but real life always comes first, but i hope this post of yours doesn't mean you might drop in and out in future ;)

Also that is so nice for you to write a proper farewell mate. Unlike most who disappear without a trace. At least we can know you are good and OK, going on living :)

Good luck, thanks for everything, and cya!

You were one of the first guys that I met in the online racing scene, Ross... I still remember that public WTCC race at Anderstorp like it was yesterday. You were one of the guys that made my sim racing experience what it is today, and to this day I still get all nostalgic about the Nations Grand Prix league - the one that you thought up and the first league I ever competed in. Driving that green and gold Formula BMW around Vara in the small hours of the morning FTW.

Thank you for everything you've done, both for RD and for all the lives you've been a part of for the last five years.

I wish you all the best in life, and hope that we will meet again. :cool:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 124 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 95 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 90 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 64 6.8%
  • < 5 years