The Global Warming Thread

Omer Said

Weresloth
Premium
As i see from the news, whole World is having a really hot summer.

How do you stand ? What do you do to keep yourself cool ? Do you think this heat is abnormal ?

I must admit i can't stand against it! Even while sitting i sweat! This is so annoying. I need to take a shower twice a day :(

To keep myself cool, i cut down my hair completely. I use a little fan, directed to me. Also i have ice cubes in the fridge, they are really useful. Sometimes i threw them into my t-shirt:drool:.

Really abnormal heats. Probably because of over usage of electronical tools and global warming :(

Well, we do take showers twice a day :D

And yes it's scorching hot in my school with no clouds. I think this is because of the "El Nino" that caused severe droughts and and some crops failed to harvest.

And also yes it may be because of global warming. I don't want words like "2009 was the hottest year on record". 2005 is enough!! :(

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FVZSUsT-Ws[/ame]

2008 Global Warming Updates:
http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/2008/
Fig1.gif

Its normal that the earth is heating up slowly since we are still recovering from an ice age 10,000 years ago.

This whole global warming hype will hopefully soon end when a scientist (not related to greenpeace or Al Gore) gives a proper explanation.

The earth had many era's where the average temperature was way higher then it was now and we are still here arent we :)

Ofcourse all greenhouse gasses increase the temperature but that will end in a few years.

Some things to consider (nooby explanation)
  • More average heat will cause more evaporation with as results more clouds
  • More clouds will reflect sunlight. Sunbeams don't hit the surface and bounce back into space
  • Temperature will drop slowly but significantly again
  • More clouds mean more rain, and when more rain is falling when the temperatures drop that rain will be falling as snow on the poles and will transform to ice again
  • The earth is much more flexible then we think. The only thing we do is poising ourselfs with gasses and stuff and mother earth will do a big LMAO in a few thousand years when we have messed up and she continues :)

too hot? bwah, yesterday, i think it didn't rain for a period of around 2 hours... -_-

Although i live in the north, we have had the hottest days in april and start of may. I think we're striked under the "England Weather Syndrome"

Rain doesnt say anything about temperatures. Its a fact that the average temps are increasing (like Resi's image shows nicely) but the consequence of a higher temperature is that there is more evaporation and transpiration that causes more rain in the end. So actually Denmark is "suffering" now from global warming :D

• Ariff Roose

In Malaysia, we take 2x showering. And we do because, its hot, humid,hazy and cloudless...... But continue racing nonetheless.

I have to admit that my country, doesn't even use Euro3 fuels. What the hell is going on here.... We are using Euro1 Ron92 and Ron95 fuels which, for diesel cars, smoke under acceleration. So therefore contributing to the breaking of ozone layer.
:poke::poke:

Are talking about the same world here?

It seems when the whole world is apparently heating up..here in the UK it gets colder and colder...and rains alot more...:dont-know:

I'm really surprised to hear you say " weather is cold here ".

Because in our newspapers it says " Europe is under over heat, World is having it's hottest summer etc. "

Liar Media !!!! :angry: !!!

I have to admit that my country, doesn't even use Euro3 fuels. What the hell is going on here.... We are using Euro1 Ron92 and Ron95 fuels which, for diesel cars, smoke under acceleration. So therefore contributing to the breaking of ozone layer.
:poke::poke:

Which imo you are fully entitled to polute when needed. The western countries have poluted for the last 400 years (USA still polutes 48% of the global amount, makes you wonder) and now the western nations are turning green they want to forbid other nations what they ahve done before to get rich.

Western nations first and let the rest follow in time.

There is no economic growth without polution. Its the our task (the west) to keep it balanced.

2 cents, start shooting

I'm really surprised to hear you say " weather is cold here ".

Because in our newspapers it says " Europe is under over heat, World is having it's hottest summer etc. "

Liar Media !!!! :angry: !!!

Maybe only northern areas are having a cooldown.

And the story in Indonesia is almost as same as Arriff had in Malaysia (plus the old buses and motorbikes)

Luckily here we already have BRT (Bus Rapid Transit) with gas powered buses so transportation won't be a problem here :)

Yeah gas is not a fossile fuel lol :)

I am lolling all day reading all that rubbish about alternative fuels. Take electrical cars. Why doenst anybody ask where electricity is coming from? In 90% of the cases electricity is still made out of burning coals (very good for the output of C02, not ! )

Yeah gas is not a fossile fuel lol :)

I am lolling all day reading all that rubbish about alternative fuels. Take electrical cars. Why doenst anybody ask where electricity is coming from? In 90% of the cases electricity is still made out of burning coals (very good for the output of C02, not ! )

yaha ... it's VERY good ...

Everyone says they shower because it's hot, it's so cold here, that i shower regularly every hour because it's so freakin cold!:liquor:

So the earth is warming up, with more rain as result so we can have our multiple daily showers.

Who's complaining :D

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 306 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing