For sure. You can't oval race on any platform without being able to look left and right
Sure you can, the real drivers today have full seat supports running down nearly the length of their arm, and the manditory Hans device makes the spotter absolutely necessary. And so there lies another issue that I hope is taken care of...The Spotter. The spotter has always been a weak point in these games, but I usually just try to have situation awareness and a good mirror to deal with the lack of visibility since I only drive in Cockpit view.
1677257476001_2191344064001_nascar-nscs-day-ia-johnson922x520.jpg

I've actually been in one of these cars with helmet and Hans device and you can't move hardly at all. Theres not a lot of moving to be done at all actually, especially to the right because of the head support. they do have great mirrors which you need very much.
The seat of you pants sensation though is something you just have to try. The amount of grip is unbelievable, its almost like the car couldn't spin out...almost.

I know I drove an old Tony Stewart car at Atlanta...when you mash the throttle it feels like your butt is about to push through the floor pan of the car. And I wore all the safety gear, very restrictive. The Rusty Wallace Driving experience gives you a Spotter to guide you around the track and pass other cars.
driver.jpg

Would be realistically shorter races. Trucks are much easier to drive, um pretty much what the cup cars were in the game, you can go nearly full throttle around Texas and breathe the throttle to slow down. The extra road courses they run are nice too.

If only the game was any good :mad:
sounds like you've already condemned it. I think I was pretty honest with my assessment. I'm a NASCAR fan and I appreciate every little detail of the sport. Was I happy or satisfied with the last game, no, but there aren't any other choices out there. But these devs do listen and communicate with their constituents and I think hey will bring a better game to the table.

I aint racing fake trucks. Lol. Now if they had a game that contained Robby Gordon's stadium Super Trucks that would be awesome Now if they had a game that contained Robby Gordon's stadium Super Trucks that would be awesome

I think this game will be way better than the last one. I liked it (Nascar Heat evolution) but it definitely had its flaws and did not feel like a completed game. I think NH2 will tickle that itch we have been trying to get for awhile now.

sounds like you've already condemned it. I think I was pretty honest with my assessment. I'm a NASCAR fan and I appreciate every little detail of the sport. Was I happy or satisfied with the last game, no, but there aren't any other choices out there. But these devs do listen and communicate with their constituents and I think hey will bring a better game to the table.

I'd argue that there are other choices, though. Nascar Racing 2003 is still brilliant. And iRacing of course but I can see someone saying it is too expensive for them.

It's not the expense of the game, but of the hardware. I'm on a console because I didn't like constantly upgrading my video card memory and processor every time a new game comes out. I do see a possible move to PC and iRacing in the future if this game doesn't pan out. But at least with console, when you buy an Xbox1 game you know it will work when you play it. How well it works is yet to be seen. But I can say I was disappointed by he lack of multiplayer interest in league play, while iRacing has quite the opposite. Which may come down to the fact people are more invested on PC.

NASCAR Heat 2 - 1.jpg

704Games have revealed a rather smart marketing promotion for the new official NASCAR racing game - a free $50 race voucher included with every new copy of the upcoming game.

Obviously the deal will appeal mostly to those based within a respectable distance from one of the eligible venues, however with increasing ticket prices across the United States of America the free voucher promotion makes the purchase of NASCAR Heat 2 for anyone planning to visit to one of the eight SMI-owned locations in the next 18 months a bit of a no-brainer.

"We are pleased to partner with 704Games for a promotion that rewards NASCAR gamers of all ages with the chance to experience the thrill of NASCAR in person at Speedway Motorsport's eight great motorsports facilities," said Mike Burch, Speedway Motorsports, Inc.'s chief strategy officer. "Our fans can race as their heroes in NASCAR Heat 2 and, with this special offer, watch them perform live at our speedways across the country."

Fans can use the offer to attend any Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series, XFINITY Series, or Camping World Truck Series race at Atlanta Motor Speedway, Bristol Motor Speedway, Charlotte Motor Speedway, Kentucky Speedway, Las Vegas Motor Speedway, New Hampshire Motor Speedway, Sonoma Raceway or Texas Motor Speedway for the remainder of the current season, or at any stage throughout 2018.

"The gaming space allows our fans to consume the sport on a daily basis in an interactive way, which aids in the growth of our audience," said Blake Davidson, Vice President of Licensing and Consumer Products for NASCAR. "SMI teaming up with 704Games to provide ticket discounts enforces our goal to make the sport more accessible to new and avid fans alike."
With the much heralded return of Monster Games and the Heat series leaving a large proportion of the NASCAR audience disappointed last year, then Dusenberry Martin Games and now titled 704Games had a lot of work to do to win back the trust of the paying public in time for the launch of the new game later this year.

The developers have taken a big step towards retribution with the announcement that both the second tier NASCAR XFINITY Series and Camping World Truck Series will be joining the main Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series in the sequel to Heat Evolution, and for many the $50 discount voucher should pretty much seal the deal for the new game over in the US.

Interested to see the game in action? Check out the new teaser trailer below!

NASCAR HEAT 2 will release on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC September 12th 2017.

NASCAR Heat 2 - 2.jpg

Check out the NASCAR HEAT sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the news and discussions around this exciting new NASCAR game.

Looking forward to the new NASCAR game? Does the ticket discount promotion encourage you to pick up a copy of the game? Let us know in the comments section below!

I'm curious as to if this'll work for a Steam copy. I've been on the fence about whether NH2 will be worth it after Evolution underwhelmed, but as my family intends to go to a race anyways, it seems like it'd be a pretty good deal.

I hope so too. Bristol is about an hours drive for me and I haven't been in a bit. Would gladly buy a copy to get a deal on a seat. If I'm being honest, this is my second most anticipated game behind F12017 simply for the new tracks and having the trucks. This will be the first official game in quite some time short of iRacing to have Canadian Tire. The trucks have been the only NASCAR series I've been interested in since they bega, and I'm salivating at running them at Mosport, Watkins Glen, Mid Ohio, Road America, and Sonoma.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 251 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 168 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 167 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 124 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 229 13.8%