I'll be on this evening if anyone wants to run some laps. I'm going to jump start my career (Ford) and run some laps at different places. Probably try some of my old setups to see how they translate into the game and adjust from there.

I'll be on this evening if anyone wants to run some laps. I'm going to jump start my career (Ford) and run some laps at different places. Probably try some of my old setups to see how they translate into the game and adjust from there.[/QUOTE

Michael, it looks like the damage model and car physics follow each user, as the options menu suggests, rather than being controlled by the lobby host. Have you been able to test this? I'll be on in a couple if hours.
I think the racing in general looks very promising, but 40 might be a stretch.

Just got home with the game. And there is a Day 1 patch. Will be starting off in my career mode most likely. I'm also going to get some DLC's if they're available so I have some Throwback paint schemes.

Not overly impressed with it. AI is atrocious in career mode. You can't practice without the AI running over you. The car doesn't have a good feel. NTGIL had a better feel than this game. Brake and throttle sensitivity have been put to the lowest setting and the car even with 70% front brake bias wants to spin if you even put more than a small bit of pressure on the pedal. I've tried all the normal avenues to adjust that out of the car but it really doesn't seem to help. In the Dev Diary they said they wanted a heavy car, well they accomplished that. It feels like I'm driving a Mack Truck. Now With that said I've only driven Career mode, and perhaps the flying Brick is what an underfunded team is supposed to feel like.

Not overly impressed with it. AI is atrocious in career mode. You can't practice without the AI running over you. The car doesn't have a good feel. NTGIL had a better feel than this game. Brake and throttle sensitivity have been put to the lowest setting and the car even with 70% front brake bias wants to spin if you even put more than a small bit of pressure on the pedal. I've tried all the normal avenues to adjust that out of the car but it really doesn't seem to help. In the Dev Diary they said they wanted a heavy car, well they accomplished that. It feels like I'm driving a Mack Truck. Now With that said I've only driven Career mode, and perhaps the flying Brick is what an underfunded team is supposed to feel like.

That's in simulation, I take it. Does "normal" feel any better? I'm not sure it would help, but you can affect the wheel weight and the sensitivity of the wheel with the manual (Thrustmaster) adjustment on the wheel. Not sure what your DoR is, but playing with that...does it make it more catch-able? If not that, then press up or down-shift then Mode simultaneously to adjust the steering sensitivity manually. Four blinks should be the least sensitive. One the most. Maybe that would buy you more feel.

Yes, I'm in Simulation mode, its the only way to get a customizable setup. And Like I said earlier it is in Career mode in a car that doesn't have any upgrades. I'll look into the Wheel Rotation I forgot about that setting. I should probably try driving a car in a regular race before I make my final judgement. The sound quality is very poor as well and I've got screen freeze when the Spotter has to tell me about trouble. These are things that can be fixed with patches though

The big questions for me are whether you can have damage if you set it to full in the options and make a hosted race, and whether you can get to where the AI are realistic.

So nearest I can tell you are at an extreme disadvantage using Simulation vs Normal and wheel users are even worse off. Certainly doesn't look good for online right now

I ran 52 laps at Dover today in normal race. I set the wheel at 540 DOR and ran the wheel, brake and gas sliders all the way to the left. When I tested it it seemed to sync up. On the track the car felt pretty solid. I agree that the brakes seem a bit touchy. A brake pressure adjustment would be nice. I was able to catch every slide with this setup. I also dialed down the the FFB a little bit. Wheel felt a little heavy. Overall it felt pretty good compared to most other Nascar titles in the last 5 years. The Adaptive AI seemed to work.

Yeah but there still seems to be huge difference in online performance between Normal vs Sim and Wheel vs Controller. I just think multiplayer won't work until we get some patches

Well, I'll hold off and run a game that has similar handling -- The Crew -- but also allows me to pimp out some bitches and run over some slow mutha-fokers.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 243 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 160 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 121 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 13.9%