Sounds good.. I've been working out of Town. Plus that League has a Force Camera View. I use the Front hood view. I can not use the Cockpit View. For some reason it gets me sick.

I was in your shoes with the hood view. The 1st season I used nothing but hood view. It took some time to get used to, but now I wouldn't race with anything other than cockpit view.

Thought this was cool. Was encouraged that the last dev diary talked exclusively about physics and tire model, even if in passing. I can't recall a NASCAR game dev even going past the mere mention. Any word on what "simulation" feels like on a wheel? Another encouraging thing from the gameplay video is the ability to "float" (as New Yorkers call it) in traffic. Sort of like you let the pack sort of move as would a bike peleton, not afraid to touch at times. In the last few games, a mere touch would send you spinning.

I was watching live Twitch feed last night of a 4 guys that got the game early on PS4. I think online racing is going to be good but I think they take away damage. I did get to see the pit interface and animation which was cool. However at this point there is no game chat and we are limited to 16 in a party chat. So comms are going to be something we need to figure out for online play. IamtheGoat has several videos posted on YouTube showing the offline career mode and progression

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob
Between the spotter, who will be crucial if accurate, and 16 eyes on the road, I think we can make out every spin or contact taking cars off track. NASCAR throws cautions that often anyway. I think the spotter also tells about "trouble".

The game forbids damage online? Strange.

You might want to require a pitt stop from all parties involved in a caution. Since there are no penalties, that sort of penalizes all involved.

DMRnascarheat is the official twitter handle. The guys I've been watching are more than likely teens and haven't dug deep into the game. Not to mention if there is a Day 1 patch it won't be available until today. Still the online racing looks really good from what I was watching on Twitch last night.
On another note those guys were using "TeamSpeak" to communicate as there is no Game Chat. Maybe something to look into. As you know @Rob Skype can be used but I don't know if I'm savvy enough to make it work, LoL. So I guess we'll try some different things.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 156 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 298 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 424 39.6%