The game just wiped out all of my controller settings

So I start my game a few minutes ago and i get the "controller detected" message. This is weird because my wheel is already set up and I was just playing this game a few hours ago. So I go to my contoller options only to to see all of the profiles I set up for this game are gone. What would cause this. I spent a lot of time setting up my FFB and buttons and it annoys the crap out of me that i have to do that all over. Has this happened to anyone else.
I checked it the controller folder and my profiles all look like this DTM.rcs.old_1. They all now have a "OLD_1" extension and once opened say "nullnullnull........"

Last edited:
Not sure if this works, or even is recommended doing (things are marked as old for a reason).

You can try this:
  • Make a copy of the controller file that now has an old extension.
  • Right click on the file and rename to something that ends with .rcs.
  • Try opening it.
Does this work finding your previous settings?

I forgot to mention that I tried this. All it does is create a "keyboard" profile ingame. And It doesnt allow me to change any ffb settings. I tried this with all 3 of my profiles and I ended up with 3 extra keyboard profiles.

happened me aswell, it didn't even find the wheel, though it worked before many times and nothing changed on my hardware-config. after restart of pc it recognized my wheel again and configured everything new .... now backup :ninja:
Im definitely backing up now after this. I'm actually in luck because i took screenshots of my settings one day to help a friend out. Its still a pain in the ass to have to redo everything but at least i know what it was now.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 101 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 77 9.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 79 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 52 6.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 108 13.5%