The game crashes during the loading screen

Dave_6

Premium
I haven't played this in a few months and wanted to map my new Sprint pedals as well as try out the new update. The game sits at the initial loading screen for a bit then a percentage pops up. Once that is almost finished the game crashes out to Steam. I had a problem over a year ago where it would crash if multiple USB devices were plugged up but that was patched and it's worked fine for me until now. Anyone else have this problem since the last few updates?

I haven't played this in a few months and wanted to map my new Sprint pedals as well as try out the new update. The game sits at the initial loading screen for a bit then a percentage pops up. Once that is almost finished the game crashes out to Steam. I had a problem over a year ago where it would crash if multiple USB devices were plugged up but that was patched and it's worked fine for me until now. Anyone else have this problem since the last few updates?
Bought the game a couple of days ago, did the exact same for me. refunded it till i can work out why.

I've seen a workaround on the Steam forum but it didn't work for me. It's mildly frustrating because it's take them quite a while to patch the game and fix these issues.

Did you subscribe to any content in the workshop? Try running without mods.

I tried to subscribe and install the STR Christmas mod and WF is crashing at launch. Shame, my son really loved playing with that mod.

From what I've read there was an update that dropped and now some of the workshop content isn't working with the latest. Is there a list of what content doesn't or does currently work?

Did you subscribe to any content in the workshop? Try running without mods.

I tried to subscribe and install the STR Christmas mod and WF is crashing at launch. Shame, my son really loved playing with that mod.

From what I've read there was an update that dropped and now some of the workshop content isn't working with the latest. Is there a list of what content doesn't or does currently work?
In my case it is a vanilla install. It's a shame.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 161 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 304 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 434 39.5%