The Future...

So, I feel confident saying that the 1.3 update has really helped the game..There may be a few little things to change but on the whole the physics are in a good place..Personally, I was a little afraid that the update might radically change things, making it too easy and ruining the game, but it seems that the general handling of the cars stayed the same and the bug of having them randomly lose grip on corner entry was fixed...So, what about the future..Obviously, we all would like to see our favorite classes get beefed up with more cars and it looks like some good ones are on the way..The other element moving forward might be more tricky..Balancing..The problem with this is I like the cars as they are and nerfing something like the Mclaren 720 might take all of the fun out of it..However, its not really fair to people who like the Mercedes AMG or a different car from the GT3 class who really stand no chance against the 720...So what to do? Here is what I was thinking and let me know what you think..Is it possible to have car duels in online matches..Where you can pick 2 cars to go head to head..With community races you can obviously do this but it would be nice if it were possible in online multiplayer..Moreover, the 720 would be a great match against the Porsche GTE..A different angle to approach this might be to eliminate certain cars from being able to be selected..As it stands, lots of the classes have a dominate car that really cant be matched, I believe that a system that allows you to select which cars are selectable in Multiplayer would go a long ways in making for balanced and fun racing..

To my knowledge, BOPing the cars is an ongoing process and has to be redone now anyways to a certain extent after the v1.3 changes and subsequent hotfixes are done. The GT cars are not yet "final" after the update but are still being finetuned, and BOP is a part of that. It's also a thing that regularity comes up on the Reiza forums.

Keep in mind that there will always be a best car for a given track, but of course there shouldn't be a car that is always the best anywhere.

The main problem with BoP is turbos vs. naturally aspirated cars. Many Brazilians tracks are at an altitude, as are tracks like Kyalami, Spielberg and even Spa. The power loss of NA is very strong there, it seems slightly exaggerated even compared to the usual formula, but it is real. To fix it would either require track-specific BoP to every affected class (unlikely to happen) or disabling the power losses at altitude in multi-player ("league edition").

Im really just wondering if it is possible for Reiza to expand the options for multi player..As it is, you can pick a class, multi class, or a single car..If you could pick 2 or even 3 cars to race exclusively I bet the community would find some really great match ups with cars and tracks..I believe it would go a long ways in making the game more fun..Of course it is just an opinion and it may require a level of programing that is not practical but it would go a long ways in making for more balanced races..Honestly no-one likes going into a race knowing they have to pick 1 car out of a class or not stand a realistic chance of winning..And of course dont get me wrong Im not trying to just point out problems, the game is my go to sim racer, but i believe expanding the options in multi player would make the game more fun.

Im really just wondering if it is possible for Reiza to expand the options for multi player
MP expansions are planned, the current implementation in v1.3 is just a beta version according to the Dev. There have been voices in the Reiza forums asking to implement balancing cars with balast and/or restrictors like AC does.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back