Yes, but Stock Car Series had its own game in the very beginning because it is a popular racing series as well, and look at it now - all sorts of cars: from tiny karts through little Vees and Minis up to big Opalas - why not to have even bigger trucks in it too?

Pros:
+ no need for having same tracks doubled;
+ possibility to race on far greater number of community-made tracks;
+ whole Reiza content in one-click;
+ track updates immediately affecting both titles (unlike now, where we still don't have updated tracks in FT);
+ more money for Reiza, because as I've said I would gladly pay for such an official addon - even though I already own FT;

Oh, and don't tell me you never wanted to do this:
1233263_1015185573253exzlr.jpg

:p

Cons:
- Reiza guys would have to invest their time and do it, obviously;
- Probably some technical head-scratch on distribution system;

as someone who's ended up spending a lot more time truck racing than on gsce, it is quite cool that its its own game, but i can see that 1. being part of gsce would probably draw in more people to the trucks that are put off by buying another game (cheapskates! :p) , 2. would allow for more tracks a little easier.

foolish? I have FT and do not have GSCE because I love truck racing and I am not too interested in those specific series currently represented in GSCE, cool as they may be. does it make me a fool?

I do agree that having simultaneous track updates in FT and GSCE would be great. easily solved by having common track format.

Like I said, as an FT customer I would not feel in any way bad if they intergrate the FT content in GSC.

I think only good can come of it. It brings everything together in one title and makes Reiza look even more like kings of the simracing development world by being the peoples champions and giving people even more content for minimal or no cost at all. The opposite of iRacing for instance.

I have FT and do not have GSCE because I love truck racing and I am not too interested in those specific series currently represented in GSCE
Guys, guys! Don't panic, please. Game Petrobras de Marcas even though it's already incorporated with GSCE, it still has its own standalone game on Steam that received an update recently.
So I guess the same would be with FT. No one ever said that those who don't own GSCE would have to buy it in order to play FT. NO. Those who say "FT should have its own autonomy" would still have it. Simple.

I do agree that having simultaneous track updates in FT and GSCE would be great. easily solved by having common track format.
It might be easily solved, but still it requires both of the same tracks - one for FT, and one for GSCE.

It might be easily solved, but still it requires both of the same tracks - one for FT, and one for GSCE.

if you want to race on this track in both games, yes, you will have to have two copies (in fact, I believe in rFactor you could explicitly specify the location of tracks which might be outside of the main installation folder - not sure if Reiza games have this setting). but then it would be yours to choose. if there was a single game incorporating everything - yes, you might save some space on your hard drive, but others might just as well receive few gigs of content (top-notch, granted) that they simply have no use for.

If what you are suggesting is a single "platform" with Brazilian stock cars, trucks and what not coming as pluggable add-ons, then I am not sure how it is different from the original rFactor architecture and whether ISI would be ok with it. Pricing model would probably also have to change.

in the end, the question boils down to code differences between trucks and regular race cars simulation. if there are none, and all the differences are handled via gMotor configuration settings, then I suppose the games technically can be merged (even if they should not, for the reasons I pointed out above). I personally would prefer to see more truck-specific updates (such as historic Formula Truck or maybe other truck racing series) confined to FT title, although I am not holding my breath, seeing as trucks apparently fetch much less public interest than the tin-tops and open-wheelers of GSCE.

£0.02

I don't think it would be fair to those who bought FT to just give the content away to GSCE owners.
However, given that both cost reasonably similar amounts, it is true that there is a content disparity between the 2 titles. Would definitely be nice to see more content for FT, as above, some historic content or similar.
If you increased the content in FT then it might be ok to put a couple of truck models in GSCE for them to race with, with FT still having value due to the extra content.

if you want to race on this track in both games... but then it would be yours to choose
We're talking now about default tracks that come with the game. Game Stock Car Extreme has all tracks that are available in Formula Truck. The only differences (but I might be wrong) are the adv-banners.

Nebehr said:
but others might just as well receive few gigs of content (top-notch, granted) that they simply have no use for.
It's already been said. Standalone Formula Truck would still be available (again: Game Petrobras de Marcas [standalone] received an update even though it's incorporated with the GSCE), so people like YOU wouldn't have to buy/install GSCE in order to play FT. To be honest, I don't even know why are you so much against the idea - nobody's forcing you to buy GSCE - you can still use standalone and don't mind us.

If what you are suggesting is a single "platform" with Brazilian stock cars, trucks and what not coming as pluggable add-ons, then I am not sure how it is different from the original rFactor architecture and whether ISI would be ok with it. Pricing model would probably also have to change.
Does it have to be different? Both GSCE and FT are simply rFactor on steroids. It's funny how GSCE having tons of cars (some 13 racing series + twice as many community content) is not a problem, but when you add just one more (FT) - then all of a sudden is a no-go for you. Care to explain?

in the end, the question boils down to code differences between trucks and regular race cars simulation. if there are none, and all the differences are handled via gMotor configuration settings
There are same differences between trucks and "regular race cars" as between "regular race cars" and karts or vees. It's all down to physics. Both games are using the very same isiMotor2 AFAIK.

I personally would prefer to see more truck-specific updates (such as historic Formula Truck or maybe other truck racing series) confined to FT title
And why having FT as an addon in GSCE would stop those from happening? For your information Reiza's making Opala 1986 which you can consider as an update for already existing Opalas. If those can have an update, why trucks couldn't?

I'm almost certain Reiza won't ever do it, so you're safe I guess.

poet said:
I don't think it would be fair to those who bought FT to just give the content away to GSCE owners.
No one ever said it would be given for free to those who didn't buy FT standalone. FT-addon would be up for those who own FT the game and want it in GSCE. This does NOT mean you have to do it - you would still be able to use your standalone.

poet said:
If you increased the content in FT then it might be ok to put a couple of truck models in GSCE for them to race with, with FT still having value due to the extra content.
Oh, so now it's not OK to do that, but when FT gets bigger - then it will be OK? This is beyond silly for me, and I'm starting to regret I've brought the idea up.
I am not able to understand arguments of those against it. I just can't. Maybe some other guys would continue this debate.

Last edited:
look hex, no need to get overheated about this. when you are saying FT may be available both as a standalone title and as an addon for GSCE, I see no problem with it. however, technically it would mean either:
a) track/car format unification between Reiza titles (which would mean that all content becomes freely interchangeable and which is probably not what Reiza wants);
or b) somebody having to separately maintain the standalone FT branch (which is essentially no different from what we have now). so I am not sure what exactly you are proposing here.

I do not mind at all if FT becomes a GSCE addon on the same scale as the series you named, I just don't see the updates being applied simultaneously to this addon and the standalone title (and guess which of the two is going to be left behind).

It's all down to physics. Both games are using the very same isiMotor2 AFAIK.

it's, like, your opinion. maybe, maybe not. I think I did see somebody mention (not in relation to FT) that Reiza did make some code tweaks in addition to config tweaks. if this is true, then your observation above is not entirely valid.

Merging FTruck with GSC is not possible due to licensing issues - these are rival series with competing sponsors, each has its own licensing terms which cannot co-exist.

It´s different with Marcas & StockCar as those 2 series are organized by the same company - there was only a conflict with the fuel supplier / sponsor of each series up until last year. Having that restriction lifted with Petrobras becoming suppliers also to Stock Car this year was what allowed us to add Marcas to GSC.

Apart from that mod, I don't know of a way. Obvious question - are you sure you're installing it right, because it was a notable difference for me. Unless the mod became standard in an update or something.

Additionally you can edit your PLR file - there are some options in there about what appears in your mirrors or when you look back. That might help clear it up for you.

Thanks for your quick reply Nox much appreciated.

Well knowing me I wouldn't be totally sure I installed the mod correctly but I read someone else didn't see any difference so I just left it and didn't try again.

What's the correct path to place the mod and what would I change in the PLR file?

Not sure about the mod, I'd have to re-download it and check.

In the PLR file there are many options, so just scroll through and take a look. There's something like "Self in cockpit rear view" and similar. Another about virtual mirrors in cockpit. Try those, and like I said take a look at the rest.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 271 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 394 40.0%