The Future of Engines in F1

FJBH10

Premium
Hey all,

As we are getting closer to the pre-season testing, I'm curious to know what everyone thinks about the current engines, choose your option and then reply with why you chose that option. Could be pretty interesting.

FJBH10

I chose a mixture of engines because the sport really needs variety. The last time turbos were introduced into F1, there was competition from the normally aspirated engines. In the current era, F1 could benefit greatly from a mix on the grid, with teams looking to save money choosing whichever engine is cheapest and also allow the FIA to introduce new engines without all the political drama.

I think that in a lot of ways the sport is hurt by forcing teams to adapt to constantly changing rulesets. There is only so much speed you can get out of a certain aero or engine type, so any investment made is diminishing returns for the big teams, which means the smaller teams can catch up to some degree.

If there's anything I'd like to see change it's the hybrid system so that it is less expensive and more reliable. If at all possible, ensuring that the MGU-K are built to more or less the same regulations as Formula E's electric powerplants (best case scenario: Use FE engines as the MGU-K entirely) and dropping the MGU-H from the equation. The latter is apperently already going to happen?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back