The Future of DTM-E

Dear SimBin,

We know that if people buy DTM-E now they\we get DTM-E 2014 for free so.........

Is MultiPlayer Guaranteed to be include in that release?

Is DTM-E 2014 also Guaranteed to include any of the following?

Full Weather System?

Pit Stops?

Tyre Selection?

Tyre Pressure Settings in the Car Setups?

Career Mode?

Regards

Craig

Last edited:
Why are people insisting that DTM-E should be the most hyper realistic and hardcore simulation?

It's the DTM VIDEO GAME.. get over it.. It's a computer racing game for the DTM 2013 season. It's promotional material for the series.. if you enjoy the DTM and have a PC with steering wheel.. get the game and have some fun, but quit pretending like somebody owes us a simulator with weather, pitstops, tyres, online mp, etc etc...

If there was going to be a DTM game, I am just glad its a PC only title and not a crappy console port..

I think it's SimBin\DTM that are insisting on that Adrian

DTM Experience is crafted with a 100 per cent focus on authenticity

don't know about you but to me that means a Simulation with all that I mentioned above (minus the Career Mode which I'm not interested in myself but someone mentioned elsewhere).

Andi,

KW Automotive owns both Simbin (Developer) and RaceRoom AG (Publisher) so I believe Simbin are the correct people to answer the questions rather than KWA which is just the Parent Company although maybe the Wohlfarth Brothers are very hands on?

Regards

Craig

Do you know what the term "Marketing" means?

Yes. You're obviously happy with the game and I don't really want a debate about Marketing thanks.

I'm trying to find out if it's going to be worth me (and maybe others) buying the game now or if I should wait for the 2014 version or just forget about it for the foreseeable future and as a long term supporter of Simbin I would like them to answer the questions.

Last edited:
Sorry I came off as rude. My apologies. What I mean is that the game is what it is. You either like it for what it is or you dont.Holding it up to arbitrary expectations doesnt make it a bad game. Some people will enjoy it just as some people enjoy Need For Speed on the Xbox...

Cheers guys. Have a good one :)

I have had many years experience in marketing for international companies. There's a difference between over hype and advertising it as something it isn't. The game is advertised as the full DTM Experience, with realism and 'all the drama'. It wasn't advertised as a fun arcadey video game. That's why I was disappointed. It felt like I was lied to. I didn't feel like that when I got Trackmania or GRID because I knew what I was getting. Also remember SimBin has a history of games like Race, GTL, GTR; why would we assume they'd now release a product that doesn't meet those standards? [EDIT: Just adding a more accurate remark on the marketing; in their advertising materials it says "DTM Racing Format" - DTM racing format includes 2 mandatory pit stops, meaning this isn't marketing hype, it's just a lie.]

Even so, regardless of the marketing, some people like the new game. Others don't. Personally I wasn't expecting a 100% recreation, no, and I knew multiplayer was missing, but I was still disappointed - I was at least expecting pit stops for example being as it's a racing game. It'd be like Battlefield without the environment being destructable. You could still have fun, sure, but it wouldn't meet it's full potential.

I don't like DTM:E. That's just me. I don't see why every time someone says they don't like a game (and give valid reasons why) they get told to 'get over it'. If you enjoy it, that's fine. If you don't, that's also fine.

To bring the thread back on topic, I agree with the others that I doubt you'll get any answers from SimBin just yet. I think it's said that 2014 will have multiplayer though.

Last edited:
Surely a lot of people have bought the game with the expectation that these things would be included in the next release. So it is fair to ask, after all it is being sold at a premium price for very little content and a promise of better things to come.

For what it's worth, for the moment I can confirm that MP will be definitely included.

I would love to be able to say yes to all the other items mentioned in the main question but I can't until we know they're definitely going to be in within the given time.

Last time I made a comment about future, I had to retract my comment because sadly, it turned out we in fact didn't have enough time to do it. So my apologies for not being able to give an answer on the other ones.

While I completely understand the frustration with questions not being answered, I hope that you guys can somewhat understand why it is hard for us to confirm some of these things. Some of them have so much uncertainty at the moment, that we cannot give a 100% confirmation on them. At least not yet.

As soon as things are set in stone and we can give a definite answer, we have absolutely no reason not to share them with the community. We agree that the communication has been weak. It's mainly because we've been incredibly busy, but that is not really an excuse as we know we could do better.

As we are about to enter a new year, we start looking back at what went wrong and what we can improve. And better communication with more transparency is definitely something we want to and will improve.

I would hate to be a sim game developer with such a customer base.. impossible to satisfy..
I have bought every Simbin release pre RRRE. I have even bought extra copies of GTR 2 and GTL for friends. I am not hard to satisfy. Indeed I regard GTR 2 and Race 07 along with GSC as my go to sims of choice. With the current thing being online I want an offline experience and was looking to Simbin to provide it, as they have in the past. When a developer choose to engage with the community on forums I'm sure they expect to be asked questions.
Can I also add that my recent experiences with the Ashes Cricket 2013 game have upped my scepticism levels.:rolleyes:

For what it's worth, for the moment I can confirm that MP will be definitely included.

As we are about to enter a new year, we start looking back at what went wrong and what we can improve. And better communication with more transparency is definitely something we want to and will improve.

Sonat I have to say your answer was disappointing if not unexpected but you did at least answer so credit to you for that :thumbsup:

For what it's worth I actually think Simbin are pretty good on the Comms front, maybe not always with transparency\honesty, but you have the account on here and you have Facebook on which Jay and others chat and answer pretty much instantly.

Not much point sending my list to Santa this year :(

GTR3
MP for R3E

Regards

Craig

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline